Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

I thought he looked great today. A little clumsy at first but he's the type of player where  as soon as he gets the ball out of his feet anywhere near /in the box there's a chance of a goal. Constant threat

• Like 4

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Remind me a bit of Robbie keane when we got him on loan. 

You can just see he has that star quality about him. 

Very much so. Totally agree. Low Centre of gravity. Quick feet and loves to get shots off. Also scores various types of goals.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Only saw the highlights but some of those little first time touches on around the edge of the area were exactly what we've been missing.

Imagine Wesley or Davis trying to do them.

Lol , compared to Ings this pairs levels and output look like chumpionship at best , ings takes our attacking threat to something we’ve not seen for a long time , smashing deal done by the club ! 

• Like 1

Just watched the brief highlights and he takes his goal incredibly well, something we have lacked. Compare to El Ghazi and his snatched shot, it was chalk and cheese.

He made a great run where Watkins should have played him in, however I can understand why Watkins did take the shot.

I'm excited to see how many goals he will score. I'm predicting 22.

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

Just watched the brief highlights and he takes his goal incredibly well, something we have lacked. Compare to El Ghazi and his snatched shot, it was chalk and cheese.

He made a great run where Watkins should have played him in, however I can understand why Watkins did take the shot.

I think he'll be great for us. If we provide him with the right service, he'll be a huge threat to the opposition. Strikes me as the model pro, too. 

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

I low key think he is a better all round forward than Ollie but am nervous about expressing that out loud in this forum :ph34r:

This is the most annoying thing about the whole Ings transfer. We all know he's probably a better footballer than Watkins but we all love Watkins and want him to play as well!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I low key think he is a better all round forward than Ollie but am nervous about expressing that out loud in this forum :ph34r:

The best way to look at the whole Ings Ollie thing going forward is that Ollie will become an even better player through playing and training with Danny. This is a no lose situation. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If you watch the run up to the goal, Ings naturally spins away from his marker to find space for himself. He does it so quietly that it's quite hard to perceive. Check at the 4/5 second mark:

Less sophisticated players will want to run onto the ball or push in on goal: but Ings is intent on finding a pocket of space and runs a little J shape to give himself a yard or two on the (admittedly slack) defender. By the end of the move, #20 (Ings) is miles away from anyone. 

It's brilliant isn't it. The second he sees the ball going over his head, he changes his run. It's his poachers instinct and a reason he scores so many goals.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If you watch the run up to the goal, Ings naturally spins away from his marker to find space for himself. He does it so quietly that it's quite hard to perceive. Check at the 4/5 second mark:

Less sophisticated players will want to run onto the ball or push in on goal: but Ings is intent on finding a pocket of space and runs a little J shape to give himself a yard or two on the (admittedly slack) defender. By the end of the move, #20 (Ings) is miles away from anyone. 

He's the only one on the pitch that sees the chance before anyone else and positions himself accordingly. Just what you want from a fox in the box. Such a good signing 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jono62 said:

I imagine in a competitive match he would've made the pass. I've seen him enough to believe he wouldn't be selfish in that situation. I absolutely don't blame him for having a go in a friendly though.

I've wanted Ings at Villa for ages. I'm so thrilled we managed to get him.

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

He's one of ours now, so you're probably safe. There's a lot he can teach Ollie going forward, too.

45 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Combine this mentality with Buendia's penchant for passing into space rather than directly to a player, and it could be a devastating combination.

• Like 2

Â