Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

He is a proper striker. Instinctively knows where the goal is, you can see that already. So many times last season you were left thinking "if only we had a predator in that game"... we now have one.

I see what you’re saying but don’t you think that Watkins is a predator too?

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I do think he will be amazing in another season or two but for me he is still not quite there with his "instinctive" finishing. Sometimes i find he very slightly hesitates which often means the chance is gone or the defender manages to get back and just get something in the way & the chance is gone. It's that miniscule difference between a decent finisher & a great one. I think he'll get there don't get me wrong but i just feel Ings is a bit ahead of him at the moment in that respect. It's like Ollie will take one extra touch & his shot is often lacking either power, accuracy or both where Ings would have gotten his shot away quicker and usually with more power & accuracy.

I like them both don't get me wrong and together they will hopefully be something to behold. I think both are great at pressing and causing a nightmare for defenders but deffo Ings is ahead on the finishing side for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gets stuck in his head when he's about to pull the trigger sometimes. He's a great finisher but not nearly as instinctive as Ings in my view 

• Like 1

Top striker in his prime.

Knows where to be...

Knows where the ball should be..

Know what to do when he gets the ball.

Most importantly has the ability to to put this knowledge to good use.

I'm going to enjoy watching this guy in a Villa shirt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

That poacher's instinct is something we've been lacking. I'm now worried that he'll do a Luc Nillis. 

Funnily enough this signing has made me think about Luc Nilis and waht3 could have been. Some similarities - technique,  composure, great goaol scorers (and scorers of great  goals), but offer so much more in terms of all round play. Hope he manages a fair few more games  than Nilis though

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Funnily enough this signing has made me think about Luc Nilis and waht3 could have been. Some similarities - technique,  composure, great goaol scorers (and scorers of great  goals), but offer so much more in terms of all round play. Hope he manages a fair few more games  than Nilis though

Still feel depressed at what could have been with Nilis.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Danny is a clinical striker, he has quick feet and he is no slouch, his anticipation and reading of moves is top notch, his positional play is canny, he has physicality and is not easily knocked off the ball, he has aerial ability too.

whilst Danny Ings is a fine striker with an enviable goals to games ratio.......He has much more than just goals.

He will prove to be an astute signing for us.

just as an example

Lakaku...(28 )career goals one in 2.02 games...97 mill T/fee

Danny Ings (29) career goals one in 2.75 games, at southampton one in 2.17 games.....30 millT/fee

Danny is a bargain to me in comparison.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Just now, TRO said:

Danny is a clinical striker, he has quick feet and he is no slouch, his anticipation and reading of moves is top notch, his positional play is canny, he has physicality and is not easily knocked off the ball, he has aerial ability too.

whilst Danny Ings is a fine striker with an enviable goals to games ratio.......He has much more than just goals.

He will prove to be an astute signing for us.

Yep, quality player and one that could play for any club in this league in my opinion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thefeet1980 said:

Had to go back and watch that goal again. Amazing technique, but so much of it is him having a sharp mind. Ings also a very clever player. Amazed we have signed him in many ways

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thefeet1980 said:

Its the one big Aston Villa regret for me.

A tragedy for us was an under statement....I wonder how he is?

35 minutes ago, TRO said:

I believe he's coaching. You can hire him on football manager as a rather good "attacking" coach

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Ings finishing reminds me of Linekar to a certain extent, in that he just reacts pulls the trigger and wherever he is it’s perfectly placed.

Always thought Linekar was somewhat underrated as a player.

42 minutes ago, TRO said:

100% 

He was to be the catalyst to take us to the next level. I genuinely think that if he’d stayed fit we would be where Chelsea and Arsenal are now (in terms of stature in the game).

Looked at home straight away I thought, took the goal well and linked up play.

I also thought he got a bit of a taste of what it’s like to play up front for Villa when we struggled for 20-30 mins in the second half to get the ball into the final third effectively.

If Watkins has tweaked a muscle he may well miss out next week so Ings will get the full experience of playing up top alone.

Â