Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

It's just starting to sink in that we got him. He looked nailed on to be Kane's successor at Spurs. He was in the top 5 strikers in the league in the last few seasons. Was just 1 goal off golden boot 2 seasons ago!

I remember this one FA Cup game against Spurs, where he just went full Ingzaghi. Some of the chances aren't even in the highlights, but I remember sitting back and thinking "this guy is the real deal". Pure #9. Haven't had one of those since Darren Bent.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

One thing i really liked from his interview, when he was asked about Bodymoor, he said something like "its an amazing facility, its a place that gives you no excuses".

I thought that was a great comment tbh, shows the mindset of the man.

I was impressed with his whole interview to be honest. Very well spoken. 

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i am just watching a Saints podcast, they reckon he got a 6m signing on fee to come to Villa!

Oh my lord.

Thats gonna eat some FFP budget lol.

Well they wouldn't say, he liked the name.

These fans are just miffed we are showing so much ambition......I'd take that with a pince of salt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i am just watching a Saints podcast, they reckon he got a 6m signing on fee to come to Villa!

Oh my lord.

Lol nobody had the tiniest clue this transfer was coming and now they claim to know the exact details of the deal. Seems like bulls**t to me.

• Like 1

I was reading the Southampton forum today. Someone reckons they have a more capable/Talented squad then us lol. Reckons we've bought unproven players like Leon Bailey and Buendia.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I was reading the Southampton forum today. Someone reckons they have a more capable/Talented squad then us lol. Reckons we've bought unproven players like Leon Bailey and Buendia.

They may be right, but I don't think so. Maybe I'm tempting fate but for the first time in many years our recruitment has been terrific for the last 3 years.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Oh my lord.

Are you/they confusing with the 6m sell on fee to Liverpool?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

I reckon they need to lay off the pipe😆

• Haha 1

Â