Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Just now, Big Salad said:

I don't see how anyone can dislike this signing.

Ings is a prolific goal scorer, a consummate professional, and will give us some nice options off the bench. And actually I see him starting quite a few games as well.

Very astute signing by us and proves again imo that we are in such great hands in regards to our ownership.

Him and Young coming in seem very sensible just from a leadership standpoint. Dean did say many times how young we were last year. Good to have some more wisdom on the squad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry said:

As someone on Twitter said: never played in Europe, never scored a goal for England and had long injury layoffs for the past two seasons. £100m is superb business. Makes Ings look like a bargain.

likes to party hard, loves the ladies, loves the drink, likes a chinese every now and then, can't drive, lets face citeh have bought a dud.

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Hopefully that’ll chill some doubters over price out?

ye, 25 maybe not so bad, if he performs and it reaches 30 thats fine cus it means he has done well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so 3 years with a 1 year option for us, i can live with that.

It's a fantastic deal really. Never thought was possible as player wanted Europe was said. He's a Striker that can match Watkins brilliant pressing which Tammy doesn't which is why I wasn't interested in latter 

I think this is our best bit of business this summer - a player that has scored 20+ goals in a PL season, something we haven't had the luxury of in a long time.

Signing JWP would be the icing on the cake, the service Watkins and Ings would get from wide areas plus JWP's set pieces would be a dream for the likes of Mings and Konsa.

Right now I could care less about Gresford joining those dirty Mancs.

• Like 1

Not that I really care mind but I thought Southampton would be high relegation candidates this season anyway but without their talisman Ings, really their only player last couple seasons, they are even more so.

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

TyBracy has made it so obvious though. 

Maybe him in the shadows helps some of those who are sleeping on the couch by piling in on “him staying” with the club before the odds shortened on Danny Ings joining. We’re all a family here right?

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Wonder what the add-ons are. Pretty pleased with this.

Villareport have it all wrong, the fee is 5m with addons for goals scored from Grealish assists up to 25m, those dumb saints were so easy, ye haaaa

• Haha 1

Honestly for £25 million, Ings is an absolute steal. He as an impressive goal scoring record in the Premier League, competing with the likes of Salah and Kane. You rarely ever get those sorts of deals for England players nowadays. 

I suspect Spurs were playing hardball with Southampton and they'd had enough. 

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

likes to party hard, loves the ladies, loves the drink, likes a chinese every now and then, can't drive, lets face citeh have bought a dud.

Shit beard as well, not even that good looking...

• Like 1

Â