Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Not quite sure what I think of this, had you asked me earlier today i would rather have seen us buy Tammy Abraham. Ings is a bit too much of the poacher type and already 29. Tammy is more alround and would give us more options. At the same time I understand the thinking and fully trust our recruitment team. With our captain on his way out it is probably wise to get an older head in, a real professional who can bring stability. And he will get us goals, which we of course need. I think we need another striker and I guess £25M isn't too much for someone of Ings statute. And now Buendia will have someone who is an expert at running on through balls.

One thing is sure, it's never boring beeing a Villa supporter!

Probably a bit late now, but I'm sure the poster in question would appreciate not being named so they have the chance to change their avatar to distance themselves if they want to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Pal what exactly about it really irritates you?

We needed another option/backup for Ollie(Don't have much faith in either Davies or Wesley), needed some leadership, and someone who can finish as well as we missed a lot of sitters last season.The reported fee is solid as well.

Fair enough if you're still not convinced but I think this is a really shrewd piece of business.

Old, injury prone. Tammy for a shade more money was on offer. It's just a bad bad bad signing In never thought the club would make. 

It's jolted me because I massively respected and admired how we've done our business. This makes no sense on any level and it feels like a panic signing. It's an Andy Carroll signing. We're going to piss away the Jack money 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Old, injury prone. Tammy for a shade more money was on offer. It's just a bad bad bad signing In never thought the club would make. 

It's jolted me because I massively respected and admired how we've done our business. This makes no sense on any level and it feels like a panic signing. It's an Andy Carroll signing. We're going to piss away the Jack money 

I think you’re on your own mate. Everyone else is delighted.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so 3 years with a 1 year option for us, i can live with that.

Great deal. I love these +1 deals. Prevents rot like Micah Richards being on the bench for 5 years. But gives you the same security as a deal with an extra year on it. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

His injury record over the last 3 seasons is fairly decent tbf he has missed 7 games per season on average

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

wow, think you are on your own on this one mate.

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

4th highest goal scorer in the league. If you think we can’t make use of that in our side I don’t know what to tell you.

He’ll start ahead of Watkins for me. 

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Not quite sure what I think of this, had you asked me earlier today i would rather have seen us buy Tammy Abraham. Ings is a bit too much of the poacher type and already 29. Tammy is more alround and would give us more options. At the same time I understand the thinking and fully trust our recruitment team. With our captain on his way out it is probably wise to get an older head in, a real professional who can bring stability. And he will get us goals, which we of course need. I think we need another striker and I guess £25M isn't too much for someone of Ings statute. And now Buendia will have someone who is an expert at running on through balls.

One thing is sure, it's never boring beeing a Villa supporter!

Imagine saying Tammy is all round.

Dude is literally worse at dribbling than Chris Wood and has scored 1 goal outside the box in his professional career. And that goal was because the keeper ran to meet him on the edge of the 18 yard box. Not some great strike. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Probably a bit late now, but I'm sure the poster in question would appreciate not being named so they have the chance to change their avatar to distance themselves if they want to.

Possibly. I don’t see that they’ve done anything wrong though, the message was private which is fair enough but it’s nobody else’s business what people send to each other on here. They certainly shouldn’t have to face any criticism for it, in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

i would rather have seen us buy Tammy Abraham. Ings is a bit too much of the poacher type and already 29. Tammy is more alround and would give us more options.

Tammy is a poacher (I called him a lanky Darren Bent on here before) and not good on the press at all whereas Ings is extremely good which makes him better all round and gives us more options

Â