Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

Genuine question, what is everybody's problem with El Ghazi? 

I think today in particular it’s because people are under the impression that he’s playing on the right and historically he’s been woeful on that side. Other than that it’s people just wanting better players who provide more during games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

I think its because he reminds me of the one kid in the school team who would shoot from anywhere no matter how better placed i was to score . He is a wide midfield player that scores penalites but rarely assists 

He got 5 assists the previous season. He got really unlucky last year because he put in a couple of peaches and Traore fluffed his lines, or Luiz missed the ball. A number of situations like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Saw Deeney a few weeks ago (literally 2 weeks ago) off his face in town on the table next to mine

Are you sure he was off his face? Sometimes ugly people just look like they’re gurning, and he is one ugly mofo!

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

When he's on it, he's a real threat. With Buendia able to find players so easily in good positions, it might work out for him. 

I'd have much rather had JPB play, though.

Even when he scores his general play is not great. So many attacks break down with him losing possession. I don’t think he got any assists last season. I would also rather see JPB or maybe even Bailey 

• Like 2

Just now, Herman22 said:

I’d expect both Young and AEG to be subbed with Traore and Bailey on the bench. 

I’d expect so too, I’d be keen to get them some game time today. Nice to have two quality wingers like that to bring on.