Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Just now, M_Afro said:

It makes me sad that AEG is still starting games. Top bloke but a poor poor football player. Dean seems to have a real soft spot for him though.

When he's on it, he's a real threat. With Buendia able to find players so easily in good positions, it might work out for him. 

I'd have much rather had JPB play, though.

6 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Oh no El Ghazi on the right. 

I cannot believe he's done this... how many times does AEG have to show he is USELESS on the right before Smith gets the picture. 

Fine as a backup option on the left starting due to injury,  but if he is playing on the right I'm in shock. 

Still, maybe just a plot to be able to drop him for Baileuly when he plays rubbish without feeling guilty. 

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Surely it could be Young on the right and AEG left?

I hope so. AEG is awful on the right. The only positive I remember is that assist to Jack against ManU But he injured himself in the process 😂

looks like we’re going for the midfield setup of a holding player, a box to box, with Buendia as an AMC. Makes sense really. 

Only concerns: El G on right, and hope Marv is up to the task.

Not sure it feels like a top 6 side myself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Bertie injured then I take it?

On the bench he’s trained less and lacking match fitness only logical to go with players that have played majority of the ore season 

Edited by gwi1890

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Go on Anwar, shut the doubters up. 

I add this to my above post. I'd love him to prove me wrong,  and think he'd be fine on the left... but every single time he's played on the right he's been rubbish. Maybe Buendia will unlock something for him out there, but I'm not confident. 

Confident we should still have enough to beat Watford though.

Famous last words but that Watford team looks so average, Cleverley as their captain and best midfielder says it all. Honestly thought he'd retired!

Key is to move the ball quickly so we get it to Buendia in plenty of space as we can get at their defence. Hopefully Targett continues his from from last season and keeps Sarr quiet as he's obviously big danger if we get caught up the pitch.

Fancy us to pinch this 1-2 even if it's a bit of a mix and match team.

They seem quite pessimisitic on their forum. They don't seem to rate Cathcart at all. Also they HATE Deeney. Last time I was in the ground he celebrated like a maniac in front of the North Stand and then was straight down the tunnel when we won 2-1 last minute haha

Edited by Villatillidie95