Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Be nice to see Cleverley completely bypassed today. Also glad there’s no sloth Deeney in their squad. I’m excited to see how Buendia and Young link up with Ings. Also hopeful that El Ghazi can impact the game like he does when he’s at his best. 

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

On the bench he’s trained less and lacking match fitness only logical to go with players that have played majority of the ore season 

He's also not very good !!!

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The singing of Young might prove to be an inspired bit of business. His versatility and experience will be invaluable: that extra depth too

Singing with Babies - Motherly

• Haha 2

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Be nice to see Cleverley completely bypassed today. Also glad there’s no sloth Deeney in their squad. I’m excited to see how Buendia and Young link up with Ings. Also hopeful that El Ghazi can impact the game like he does when he’s at his best. 

Saw Deeney a few weeks ago (literally 2 weeks ago) off his face in town on the table next to mine

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The singing of Young might prove to be an inspired bit of business. His versatility and experience will be invaluable: that extra depth too

I doubt it'll come down to singing, but if it does it's nice to know we've got an edge.

(and I agree, he's a clever signing).

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

peas? cloudy days? the smell of kung fu?

I edited it now....It wouldnt let me edit it straight away as I had to acknowledge a warning. However this is the new comment:

They seem quite pessimisitic on their forum. They don't seem to rate Cathcart at all. Also they HATE Deeney. Last time I was in the ground he celebrated like a maniac in front of the North Stand and then was straight down the tunnel when we won 2-1 last minute haha

• Like 1

I assume it’s the usual back 4 with Marv and McGinn sitting. Then Young on the left, Buendia at 10 and AEG on the right. 

I hope SJM is given a bit of license to get forward. His forward runs can be picked out by Buendia we could be in for a good afternoon. 

I think we’ll win this one. 0-2! 

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

Genuine question, what is everybody's problem with El Ghazi? 

He's incredibly inconsistent.  When he has a good game, he looks decent, but more often than not, he's the worst player on the pitch.  

• Like 1

Just now, Herman22 said:

I assume it’s the usual back 4 with Marv and McGinn sitting. Then Young on the left, Buendia at 10 and AEG on the right. 

I hope SJM is given a bit of license to get forward. His forward runs can be picked out by Buendia we could be in for a good afternoon. 

I think we’ll win this one. 0-2! 

Hopefully it's el ghazi on the left, Young on the right. 

Just now, samjp26 said:

Genuine question, what is everybody's problem with El Ghazi? 

I think its because he reminds me of the one kid in the school team who would shoot from anywhere no matter how better placed i was to score . He is a wide midfield player that scores penalites but rarely assists 

Just now, KMitch said:

He's incredibly inconsistent.  When he has a good game, he looks decent, but more often than not, he's the worst player on the pitch.  

Well that just wasn't true last season. We were playing Barkley a lot. 

• Like 3