Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, ozvilla28 said:

Gez me including was harsh on him last season what turn around.

Yep - that's why I firmly believe Diaby will be the second coming of Christ next season. Bailey was beyond awful last year.

I think many were harsh on Bailey, myself included...

In hindsight he had injuries and an imbecile (Gerrard) as a manager, didn't really help many of the players really.

Love that video clip of him by the way. Hope his knee is okay?

10 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

He will definitely be starting on the weekend. we are going to need some fresher legs

I wouldn't be confident he's 100% fit. I think he's carrying a knock for the last few weeks to be honest.

There is now something Grealishesque about him whereby we know we can give him the ball and he'll not only look after it, but likely make something happen.

Absolutely crucial player for us

• Like 1

I always felt he had this in him which is why I defended him so much and got annoyed with fans turning him. 

Im not feeling that vibe as much from Diaby because I haven’t seen him try to beat players the way Bailey always did even when he was struggling.  That’s why I think the comparisons are a bit different.

Hopefully Diaby can add that to his game too.

• Like 2

Last season, he looked like he played in flip flops and everything felt very 'murky' with the Agent/Dad comments etc.

This season, I'd let him bang my wife if he wanted. And I'm not married, I just mean my future wife, on our wedding day. He really has become a nightmare for teams to play against.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

maybe a controversial opinion but Bailey is having a better season than Grealish has ever had not just statistically

hard to guage i guess.

I wonder (i dont tbh, i dont care, but for the purpose of this discussion) how Grealish would have performed in this Emery Villa team, might have been a different level even compared to what he was doing when he was here under Smith.

Â