Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Some of his passes are insane. 

10 goals for Leon. 

In total this season 14 goals and 12 assists . He effects nearly every game he plays in. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

If de bruyne made some of bailey's passes today sky sports wouldn't stop talking about them.

Look at his pass to JJ for the second goal against Brighton, last game of last season. One of the nicest most perfect passes I have ever seen. Just lovely.

It's a very rare quality for a winger to be such an excellent passer on through balls. It's part of why he looks so dangerous when he has Rogers or Diaby ahead of him their ability to run in behind gives him more options. Cut inside himself, drive down the touchline, or pick out one of the 3 other forwards ahead of him. 

The transformation in Bailey is astounding when you consider how he struggled to adapt over the first 18-24 months here, admittedly held back by injuries but his entire persona is different now, truly one of the leaders on the pitch both in terms of ability but also application.

And you know what, I think he loves it here (now).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The transformation in Bailey is astounding when you consider how he struggled to adapt over the first 18-24 months here, admittedly held back by injuries but his entire persona is different now, truly one of the leaders on the pitch both in terms of ability but also application.

And you know what, I think he loves it here (now).

He really needed Emery's appointment when it happened.

If we'd got that appointment wrong and got another Gerrard type manager in Bailey would be gone from the club and we'd all be questioning why he couldn't perform for us but is ripping it up for his new club.

One thing we often don't speak about, because he's technically a " winger/attacker " with the trick, assists and goalscoring etc.

But some of his passing, lanes, range and accuracy is stupendous!

EDIT: Just realised multiple people above me have already said this 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

On 21/04/2024 at 18:35, MWARLEY2 said:

In total this season 14 goals and 12 assists . He effects nearly every game he plays in. 

Fantastic stats and he's one of our go to players when we have the ball now.

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One thing we often don't speak about, because he's technically a " winger/attacker " with the trick, assists and goalscoring etc.

But some of his passing, lanes, range and accuracy is stupendous!

I cannot speak about it because i just stare at the screen and dribble !!  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Wow, I watch that and I can’t believe I didn’t vote him MoTM, but perhaps that’s the biggest compliment, that it doesn’t stand out now, that level is his new norm.

What a player he’s become, I hope this week he can rest up that knee and come back fully fit and firing for the last (hopefully) 7 games.

42 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wow, I watch that and I can’t believe I didn’t vote him MoTM, but perhaps that’s the biggest compliment, that it doesn’t stand out now, that level is his new norm.

What a player he’s become, I hope this week he can rest up that knee and come back fully fit and firing for the last (hopefully) 7 games.

Grealish successor but with goalscoring ability. His confidence and cockiness, without any arrogance is showing more and more. Those small shinpads have totally changed his game. He used to do those turns in blind alleys and lose possessiion. Now he does it further back as well and does not lose it. He took all the pressure off Cash after seeing him struggling early in the game. 

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Unfortunately for Leon, as good as he was Ollie was absolutely unplayable in that second half.

I was one of his biggest critics, not because I thought he was crap, but because he showed such ability had all the right technical and physical attributes, yet his decision making with consistently dribbling into blind alleys was holding him back.

It's quite amazing the difference now he has shown defenders he is happy to go right and go left, to cross and to shoot, to pass and to dribble, he is having so much more impact, defenders look terrified and don't know what to do with him, and he is getting his reward.

Â