Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Villa beef aside...as you can imagine.

Jamaicans are PISSED about his " disrespect "

Do they not see the shambolic conditions that he complains about as something more to be upset with? The talent they potentially have should be performing better than it is, can they see that its not the players' fault?

Obviously understand the view that you should be grateful to play for your country, but the JFF aren't exactly making it easy for their players. 

It was Tielemens the first international break. Seems like it's Bailey's turn for the media to create an entire non story out of. 🥱

2 hours ago, Beastmix said:

This is the capitalist problem with the world of news media, though.

His job should be to report the news verbatim. Modern day 'Journalists' (and I use this term extremely loosely) have a moral obligation to report accurately, rather than doing what they can to trick morons into panic-clicking on a distorted headline.

The number of people you can fool trumps the quality of your reporting these days... which is a tragic shame.

Problem is people want serious news, but they aren't prepared to pay shit for it.

In the olden days journalists earned money by people buying their newspaper. Today they earn money from clicks with sensational headlines. 

We seem to want out cake and eat it. 

Obviously not helped by Meaning Evil basically being the Daily Mirror which lets face it was never a serious paper even back in the day. 

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I'd argue it isn't. He's supposed to be a journalist, not a sensationalist. Twisting half truths and misquotes into a non story isn't a real job.

But its water off a ducks back to me to be honest. These clearings in the woods always try keep us down. Even the local idiots.
At the end of the day, we're heading back to the pinnacle and there's nothing these morons can do about it except exclude us from a non-existent group and put in artificial glass ceilings.

They can kiss my hairy mudwhistle. Up the Villa.

It's not that I don't agree with you but it's not just us. They do this sort of thing to every team. 

5 hours ago, NorthEastVillan said:

The media twist is absolutely real here. Some terrible misquoting going on.

Basically Bailey saying if he moved to a conceived "top 6 team" it would help him internationally is 100% right. Always been that way,  irrespective of your nationality. Play for City, Arsenal or Utd and you're much more likely to get international minutes etc.

No story here at all. Just media click bait crap as per usual 😕 

Does he not start for Jamaica? Have they got better players in guys position? 

Can not believe this, after supporting him when he was suffering last season (well I did'nt I booed him) he turns his back on the club and demands a transfer. Well we should all turn our backs on him when he get s the ball or even better stick him in the under 11's 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Does he not start for Jamaica? Have they got better players in guys position? 

He wasn't saying it would " help him internationally " lol... the poster got it wrong.

He was just saying that Jamaican players playing for the highest profile teams would " shine a light on Jamaica " etc

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Can not believe this, after supporting him when he was suffering last season (well I did'nt I booed him) he turns his back on the club and demands a transfer. Well we should all turn our backs on him when he get s the ball or even better stick him in the under 11's 

Robert Deniro You GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Robert Deniro You GIFs | Tenor

The cobra fears the mongoose

The mongoose fears the man

The man fears the cobra 

• Haha 2

A total non-story, I saw the clip and he was asked a stupid question and he did he best to answer it out of respect to the interviewer, he never said he wanted to leave just that playing for certain clubs raises the profile of Jamaican football which he sees as a good thing 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, david-avfc said:

A total non-story, I saw the clip and he was asked a stupid question and he did he best to answer it out of respect to the interviewer, he never said he wanted to leave just that playing for certain clubs raises the profile of Jamaican football which he sees as a good thing 

A good player playing for them instead of dropping out of squads could help raise their profile as well 😜

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Problem is people want serious news, but they aren't prepared to pay shit for it.

In the olden days journalists earned money by people buying their newspaper. Today they earn money from clicks with sensational headlines. 

We seem to want out cake and eat it. 

Obviously not helped by Meaning Evil basically being the Daily Mirror which lets face it was never a serious paper even back in the day. 

Agreed.

There has to be a better way, though. There needs to be tighter regulations on clickbait headlines as a source of public misinformation. Not only because of this instance, but because it's generally poor form.

17 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Ha. Love it. It is true though. Why do they (local journalists) always twerk for the national media narrative? Toney over Watkins by so called "fans". Grealish was constantly linked away by Birmingham Mail. Our top stars constantly linked away. I urge all Villans on social media to unfollow or block Birmingham Mail - tell them what we think of their rubbish.

You act like Jack wasn't trying to get a move the whole time. Spoiler: He was.

• Like 2

Complaining about the flights and standards fair enough - but saying the national team cannot give him exposure...surely you play for your country because you love your country?

Also, does he say 'Playing for national team not gonna make Real Madrid call me' near the very start? He spoke too quick.

Edited by Tom13

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Complaining about the flights and standards fair enough - but saying the national team cannot give him exposure...surely you play for your country because you love your country?

Also, does he say 'Playing for national team not gonna make Real Madrid call me' near the very start? He spoke too quick.

Alot of Jamaicans are pissed.

I never watched the full I terview but some of the snippets make horrible headlines.

Bit of background though, this has alot of Craig Butler written into it, he's been " beefing " with the JFF for years and will undoubtedly have been instrumental in his ear.

Leon definitely DOES love Jamaica and the National team, but he's been " spoilt " throughout his career with facilities and a bloke who has always made him believe he's the best player in the world and deserves the best.

JFF is also a terrible organisation but truth is somewhere in between.

They are both wrong and now it's gotten petty.

As I mentioned yesterday, a few of the girls from the World Cup no longer play for Jamaica ( Bunny Shaw from City for example ) and have come out with similar ( less harsh ) rhetoric, but due to a much lower profile it hasn't made news or wound ppl up like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â