Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

Really poor today. Final ball was shocking all game. Wasn't effective cutting in either as they seemed to read him.

He looked like he'd had the supposed bug that had been going round at the club - leggy and out of sorts.

7 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Really poor today. Final ball was shocking all game. Wasn't effective cutting in either as they seemed to read him.

I think Bailey's been flat for quite a while now. Couldn't get into it at all v Spurs, on the periphery v West Ham and today I thought he was mediocre.

He's getting too easily marked out of games at present. In an ideal world I'd go 4-3-3 and have Diaby out the other side as that would cause teams plenty of issues on the counter but Unai prefers all the control centrally even though we're running out of CMs again.

He should be flattered that Brentford  doubled up on him today , but equally when teams do that the other players then need to step up and exploit the space this creates 

• Like 1

His decision making still infuriates me. Had a couple of opportunities for a cutback at 2-0 and failed to do so both times.

As good as he can be, I still view him as a bit of a fair weather player.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Tom13 said:

His decision making still infuriates me. Had a couple of opportunities for a cutback at 2-0 and failed to do so both times.

Yes I agree with this assessment - but in fairness it’s something that could be levelled at the majority of wingers throughout the ages. 

47 minutes ago, switters said:

Not the easiest finish that, tight angle on his weaker foot. He's come up with a lot of big impact moments this season, both from bench & starting. 

On 9 goals/8 assists now which is excellent figures for winger.

Great finish on his right!

Im not sure how it has happened but he just seems to impact games, goal or assists he makes it happen. Glad hes in form as Diaby is absolutely pants at the moment,

• Shocked 1

On 06/04/2024 at 22:20, Tom13 said:

Behave! He's been phenomenal this season. Ridiculous comment. Just give credit where it due.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/04/2024 at 18:19, ChesterDad said:

Yes I agree with this assessment - but in fairness it’s something that could be levelled at the majority of wingers throughout the ages. 

Absolutely!  If ever you at to name a stereotype of a winger, "Inconsistency" would arguably be the first from ones lips.

4 hours ago, switters said:

Not the easiest finish that, tight angle on his weaker foot. He's come up with a lot of big impact moments this season, both from bench & starting. 

On 9 goals/8 assists now which is excellent figures for winger.

How many of the have we seen missed?

Â