Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 14/04/2024 at 23:31, Tom13 said:

He looked fired up today and I regret the fair weather comment a bit, but his decision making can still improve.

After a delightful win like that and you choose to make that comment, your probably saying Zaniolo and Lenglet are world class, Bailey has been phenomenal this season and I’ll hold my hand up and say i wanted him sold in the summer but hes proved me wrong, sounds like hes not your cup of tea so he can never please you in which case.

6 hours ago, RicRic said:

After a delightful win like that and you choose to make that comment, your probably saying Zaniolo and Lenglet are world class, Bailey has been phenomenal this season and I’ll hold my hand up and say i wanted him sold in the summer but hes proved me wrong, sounds like hes not your cup of tea so he can never please you in which case.

Maybe read the date of my comment and my reply to someone who already quoted this from me. It wasn't after that win.

And I have no idea what Zaniolo and Lenglet have to do with anything, bizarre to bring them up.

Edited by Tom13

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Maybe read the date of my comment and my reply to someone who already quoted this from me. It wasn't after that win.

And I have no idea what Zaniolo and Lenglet have to do with anything, bizarre to bring them up.

Apologies from me to you sir

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Mixed night missing his pen but thanks to him that we got back into the game. We’re so much better with him in the side.

It wasn't a bad pen tbh, quite close to the corner, and saved rather than missed. We won, doesn't matter, so I hope he never thinks about it again.

As soon as he came on at 2-0, he pointed to the clock and shouted to the team: come on we still have time. His attitude and application has been top all season, really he’s been our MVP along with Ollie. Looks a £90m footballer, exciting, skilful, direct, with plenty of end product. Changed the game again last night as we finally began to get a foothold. His hunger to chase Lille down, put tackles in was an example to most last night that were just flagging. Another Unai Emery masterclass bringing out this beast. What a player we have here now.

Didn't look right to me last night. There was one ball played over the top for him which he gave up on, I'm sure a fully fit Bailey would have got to it before it went out for a goal kick.

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Thought he completely changed the game tbh, what a player he has become 

He certainly has a "fear factor" about him now.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

As soon as he came on at 2-0, he pointed to the clock and shouted to the team: come on we still have time. His attitude and application has been top all season, really he’s been our MVP along with Ollie. Looks a £90m footballer, exciting, skilful, direct, with plenty of end product. Changed the game again last night as we finally began to get a foothold. His hunger to chase Lille down, put tackles in was an example to most last night that were just flagging. Another Unai Emery masterclass bringing out this beast. What a player we have here now.

I think he's now comfortable within the side. He strikes me as quite a quiet, slightly introverted type who takes a while to fully trust people around him (which makes a lot of sense given his upbringing) but now he feels at home and part of the team. 

• Like 1

Â