Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

13 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Was really hoping that this would be the season for him to improve but have to say I'm not impressed.

Weak, poor decision making and has very little impact on a lot of our matches.

Lucky to be starting.

Yep, just anonymous and weak when he gets on the ball. Clearly has a certain level of ability but might not be suited to the prem. 

Ive tried to stick with him, but let’s be honest, he’s mostly shite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Needs a decent coach, get him working harder. Got some skills, but not a grafter, same as 75% of the team I guess.

You know what - I don’t think there is any chance of this happening - Bailey has the view of himself that he is some kind of world beater - when in reality he is bang average at very best !

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm not willing to judge any of our players for general performances until there's some sort of system for them to play in.

Individual errors, bad passes and the like - they shouldn't be happening from anyone. But none of these players looks like they know what role they're supposed to be playing.

To be honest I think your being exceptionally lenient  here.

Yes I totally agree with the fact that we don’t have a system, style of play, identity and so forth - but quite frankly some of Baileys performances having left so much to be desired you have to question the player I’m afraid and he is not the only one 

16 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

You know what - I don’t think there is any chance of this happening - Bailey has the view of himself that he is some kind of world beater - when in reality he is bang average at very best !

True, that's why we need a manager who can knock him down a peg or 2 and tell him as it is. Poch would do that.

He will be great in a proper set up with a proper manager playing good football.

Now we are just hoofing, but we don't have a target player, of course he doesn't get anything to work on, Ramsey hides in the build up play and doesn't feed him, he just doesn't have much at all to work on at the moment.

Wide forward in a 4-2-3-1 where we play decent football and he will excell.

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

To be honest I think your being exceptionally lenient  here.

Yes I totally agree with the fact that we don’t have a system, style of play, identity and so forth - but quite frankly some of Baileys performances having left so much to be desired you have to question the player I’m afraid and he is not the only one 

Today he was completely isolated every time he got the ball. Young hasn't got the legs to play as a rampaging RB, and Konsa hasn't got the nous.

Bailey was typically receiving the ball from a long cross-field ball, and with very few Villa options once he did. He made some bad passes - I appreciate that - but he was often having to beat a man just to try to lay it off.

He showed a flash of quality with the reverse cross in the early stages that Watkins should have left for McGinn. That could've been an assist and a completely different game all round.

He's not playing well, that much is clear. But he, like many others, must be frustrated and lacking in confidence at having to carry out such a thankless task.

Until this 11 players are a cohesive unit it's unfair to write any of them off as crap.

Was attrocious today for me, seemed afraid to take his man on & kept running back towards our half constantly then playing a pass straight to them! He did this at least 3 times! The same thing, gets the ball, turns and runs back towards our goal then passes straight to them when they then break forward turning a positive attacking position into a run backwards to defend. 

Had one good cross otherwise he was right to be yanked off.

• Like 1

Â