Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Been out best player this season, going back to preseason 

Massively disagree, but he is dangerous around the box with that left foot, and looked much better today in a front 3 with natural width in the side. We also look dangerous on the break for the first time in ages with him, Watkins and Ramsey all having decent pace.

He's also surprisingly good in the air - been a few times now this season where his flick on headers have created chances.

I think he has to start because he's our only natural winger, but I'd like to see a lot more from him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Massively disagree, but he is dangerous around the box with that left foot, and looked much better today in a front 3 with natural width in the side. We also look dangerous on the break for the first time in ages with him, Watkins and Ramsey all having decent pace.

He's also surprisingly good in the air - been a few times now this season where his flick on headers have created chances.

I think he has to start because he's our only natural winger, but I'd like to see a lot more from him.

I honestly can't think of anyone who's been better. Even Emi's been inconsistent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I honestly can't think of anyone who's been better. Even Emi's been inconsistent.

Martinez, Mings, Kamara, Luiz IMO - not that any of them have been brilliant, but Bailey has disappeared from games regularly, and I think those 4 offer more consistency and more fight from game to game. His main attribute is that he can magic something out of nothing, but he needs to be more consistent throughout the 90 mins and offer a bit more defensively.

But I agree he's been one of our better players.

• Like 2

I’ve been saying, Bailey is our best attacking player. He has to start most of our matches. 
Watkins should start when we’re purely counter attacking. Ings/Archer should start when we’re expected to attack and trying to find creativity.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Nearly a year since his amazing cameo v Everton.

Just hope he stays fit and this isn't another false dawn as he has so much to give for us. You could see confidence in his play straight after the goal with some nice close control and lay offs.

It’s not only his cameo, he looks good whenever he has the ball in dangerous areas. It’s just how to utilize him. Players like him are expected to lose possession as they try and make things happen. 

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

congrats to bailey, good performance, but my lord his dad/agent needs to stop.

He's just looking at himself in the phone. He's talking to himself. I always find that weird.

Â