Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just isn't a very intelligent footballer. 

Just like Traore he is able to pull off flashes of brilliance but his decision making is atrocious. 

Playing him ahead of Buendia is absolutely criminal by Gerrard 

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Today he was completely isolated every time he got the ball. Young hasn't got the legs to play as a rampaging RB, and Konsa hasn't got the nous.

Bailey was typically receiving the ball from a long cross-field ball, and with very few Villa options once he did. He made some bad passes - I appreciate that - but he was often having to beat a man just to try to lay it off.

He showed a flash of quality with the reverse cross in the early stages that Watkins should have left for McGinn. That could've been an assist and a completely different game all round.

He's not playing well, that much is clear. But he, like many others, must be frustrated and lacking in confidence at having to carry out such a thankless task.

Until this 11 players are a cohesive unit it's unfair to write any of them off as crap.

I disagree - I don’t think he has showed anything to suggest he will be a success in the prem.

I would take Bertie back in a moment over him.

At least Bertie shows moments of sublime ridiculousness - Everton apart I feel Bailey has looked bang average imo.

I do feel he has an over inflated view of himself which doesn’t help Matters either.

I do however agree that our current style of play does make it difficult for anyone to stand out☹️

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think we'll see a different Bailey when we have a decent manager.

Some of the stuff on here is hilarious. 

Prime Messi would look shit under this car crash of a management team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I swear, I almost shouted aloud in my office when I saw this. Mother****ing **** **** **** **** ****!!!!!!! We are cursed, I tell you. Do we only sign players with balsa wood legs?

I refer you to my post on your composure problem topic.  We have a terrible conditioning team.  Too many to be coincidence, are we doing something brutal to our players or is our training pitch somehow contributing to it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/10/2022 at 04:34, Pinebro said:

Just isn't a very intelligent footballer. 

Just like Traore he is able to pull off flashes of brilliance but his decision making is atrocious. 

Playing him ahead of Buendia is absolutely criminal by Gerrard 

Traore's decision making in the final third was in fact very good, nowhere near atrocious.

Bailey shows some lovely tight dribbling at times, and while I do think he may lack a bit in the decision making department, I'd wait until we have something resembling a team before judging him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Traore's decision making in the final third was in fact very good, nowhere near atrocious.

Bailey shows some lovely tight dribbling at times, and while I do think he may lack a bit in the decision making department, I'd wait until we have something resembling a team before judging him.

I can’t see Bailey cutting it in the prem, overstated view of his own worth and no where near as good as Bertie - absolute criminal decision to loan out Bertie and keep Bailey imo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChesterDad said:

I can’t see Bailey cutting it in the prem, overstated view of his own worth and no where near as good as Bertie - absolute criminal decision to loan out Bertie and keep Bailey imo 

I agree re Bertie, I'm his biggest fan. What makes you think he has an ego though, or is that cos of Butler?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I refer you to my post on your composure problem topic.  We have a terrible conditioning team.  Too many to be coincidence, are we doing something brutal to our players or is our training pitch somehow contributing to it?

That's a startling (although maybe that's just me) and intriguing theory. I've kind of wondered if there was something failing to happen in training because our players are falling apart like crazy.

59 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Both not good enough for me.

The barometer for me is.....how fearful are the opposition of them?....How much fear does he instil?.....He seems to run up blind alleys, like most wingers we buy.

Its alright having tricks or flicks, but are they effective?

I don't for example, see the the same effectivenes, as say, Luis Diaz, or the same aggression in their game...with not too much difference in transfer fee.

We seem to look at tricks and flicks and not much else.......where's this pace, he is supposed to have?

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I agree re Bertie, I'm his biggest fan. What makes you think he has an ego though, or is that cos of Butler?

Maybe I’m totally off base on this, but I feel there is a sense amongst supporters that he does have an ego - or just an over inflated opinion of his own worth to the team, probably not helped by his fathers input, might I suggest ?

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Both not good enough for me.

The barometer for me is.....how fearful are the opposition of them?....How much fear does he instil?.....He seems to run up blind alleys, like most wingers we buy.

Its alright having tricks or flicks, but are they effective?

I don't for example, see the the same effectivenes, as say, Luis Diaz, or the same aggression in their game...with not too much difference in transfer fee.

We seem to look at tricks and flicks and not much else.......where's this pace, he is supposed to have?

Probably not the best barometer to use Diaz, he is one hell of a player.

Bertie I believe can offer more than flicks and step overs that lead to nothing.

see West Brom. I think that if he has a manager who has faith in him and is prepared to incorporate him into a system he could easily have defenders on the back foot, or force teams into doubling up and therefore potentially creating more space for others ? 

14 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Probably not the best barometer to use Diaz, he is one hell of a player.

Bertie I believe can offer more than flicks and step overs that lead to nothing.

see West Brom. I think that if he has a manager who has faith in him and is prepared to incorporate him into a system he could easily have defenders on the back foot, or force teams into doubling up and therefore potentially creating more space for others ? 

That was the point, that's what we need.....These "one hell of a players" is what we need, all over the pitch.

We sign Sanson, Newcastle sign Guimaraes...sure there is a difference in transfer fee.....but there lies a part of the problem.

We sign, substandard, and expect managers to bring them up to standard.....its not always possible.

Bertie is mercurial, like many wide players we have signed, Bailey too.......great one minute, dull the next.....this inconsistency is commensurate of where we are.

Edited by TRO

Â