Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, Chine said:

One of the most infuriating things as a coach is the ‘no options?’ , when majority of the time it’s the player who lost the balls fault ,slowing play down / blind alleys or just generally mis controlling and dithering, this guy is better at these things than the good 

Mate, if you're coaching a team where players get no support, then that's your fault. A good team offers options to players and doesn't just leave them on their own and expect them to produce. 

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Mate, if you're coaching a team where players get no support, then that's your fault. A good team offers options to players and doesn't just leave them on their own and expect them to produce. 

He wasn’t on his own at any time ! He created his own problems with poor decision making ,poor control , poor delivery and 100% not strong enough or didn’t want it enough 

2 minutes ago, Chine said:

He wasn’t on his own at any time ! He created his own problems with poor decision making ,poor control , poor delivery and 100% not strong enough or didn’t want it enough 

Yes, he was. Go watch the game again. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Literally any attacking player is waste of cash with Gerrard in charge. 

Coutinho played quite well tonight so that’s clearly not true. Bailey was also garbage for Deano.

Look, I really want him to do well but he just doesn’t look good. Ever! I really hope that he proves me wrong but I just don’t see it.

• Like 2

Yes. Surely you can see that Leon is a big part of that problem? He creates nothing. He offers very little. He can hit a screamer when teed up but surely we should expect more than that.
Gerrard definitely has poor tactics. On that we all agree but Leon just doesn’t look like a top level football player. I’m sure he would look equally as poor for City or Liverpool.

• Haha 1

I thought he was o.k. Nearly scored straight after first goal and also had another nice run in first. He does keep on the ball too long. Another frustration when he's on the right is he's always trying to shift back to hit it with his left so moves can fizzle out.

I'd keep him in the team for Leeds.

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Yes. Surely you can see that Leon is a big part of that problem? He creates nothing. He offers very little. He can hit a screamer when teed up but surely we should expect more than that.
Gerrard definitely has poor tactics. On that we all agree but Leon just doesn’t look like a top level football player. I’m sure he would look equally as poor for City or Liverpool.

Imagine thinking Leon bailey is the problem in all of this 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Coutinho played quite well tonight so that’s clearly not true. Bailey was also garbage for Deano.

Look, I really want him to do well but he just doesn’t look good. Ever! I really hope that he proves me wrong but I just don’t see it.

Bailey was fit for like 5 games under Smith and we scored like 8/10 of our first goals with him on the pitch in like 200 minutes 

3 hours ago, Chine said:

He was. Young offered little in attack as 37 and McGinn is well any other position than he should be

Nearly every time Bailey had the ball it was 3 vs 1

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Gave up possession the most out of all players on the pitch I believe, along with McGinn and Ashley Young. Two Southampton players made up the top 5. I don’t know if it’s because he was attempting a lot of crosses or whether he was losing the ball by being tackled or what, but we need to hold onto the ball better. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Needs to receive the ball in space. You could  throw a blanket over the front 3 and maybe if they were allowed to press he could utilise his pace. We don’t play to any of our players strengths so it’s impossible to judge the only man we can judge is the clown you “coaches” them.

Â