Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

That was the point, that's what we need.....These "one hell of a players" is what we need, all over the pitch.

We sign Sanson, Newcastle sign Guimaraes...sure there is a difference in transfer fee.....but there lies a part of the problem.

We sign, substandard, and expect managers to bring them up to standard.....its not always possible.

Bertie is mercurial, like many wide players we have signed, Bailey too.......great one minute, dull the next.....this inconsistency is commensurate of where we are.

Again with the very greatest of respect is Sansom the best barometer here? Can you tell me if he is any good or not? 
I can’t TRO and I have followed us since 1975. Personally I think there is a player in there waiting to come out.

I believe we have signed some talented individuals in the past 12-18 months - I believe we have also signed a dud manager as well - which is why we are where we are imo 

15 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Again with the very greatest of respect is Sansom the best barometer here? Can you tell me if he is any good or not? 
I can’t TRO and I have followed us since 1975. Personally I think there is a player in there waiting to come out.

I believe we have signed some talented individuals in the past 12-18 months - I believe we have also signed a dud manager as well - which is why we are where we are imo 

I think we could all write a scroll with a list of players, with that connotation.

How many talented players under loads of managers, have failed to show much more than fleeting glances of that same talent.

I see players, now that are revered, by some, and I just fail to see it.

Managers have many responsibilities and hopefully they have a say, in who comes in, so yes, I am questioning them too.

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I refer you to my post on your composure problem topic.  We have a terrible conditioning team.  Too many to be coincidence, are we doing something brutal to our players or is our training pitch somehow contributing to it?

Cant be a coincidence since Gerrard came in some players picking up needless injuries. Sure Buendia has had weekly niggles its incredible

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Cant be a coincidence since Gerrard came in some players picking up needless injuries. Sure Buendia has had weekly niggles its incredible

Buendia has been getting injured since Dean Smith was here, as a matter of fact it's one of the reasons he wasn't starting when he first came in.

Either way, this notion is just another far reach ffs.

Gerrard " doesn't  do any coaching " apparently either remember, so when has he now become head of physio and fitness? 🤦🏿‍♂️

If anything we should blame the " actual " coaches ? Lol

Are the players who generally don't get injured much ( Like Ming's, McGinn, JJ, Ollie ) under any manager getting trained by another team?

The players have for the most part have literally been injured in games televised on national TV for the world to see 😂

Come on man.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

No action in this thread? I was pleasantly surprised with Bailey today, one of his best games in a Villa shirt.

Definitely.
Hugely frustrating with his inconsistency though. Gerrard appears to be a fan though. 

10 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

No action in this thread? I was pleasantly surprised with Bailey today, one of his best games in a Villa shirt.

These are the type of games he's good in, plenty of space in behind to use his pace.  He's not so good when teams sit back.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

he was pretty awful from where I was sitting.  his first touch is shocking.  it takes him 2 or 3 touches to get the balm under control.  whether it's confidence or not he was poor yesterday.  Our worst player in the first 60 mins

Must've had a pretty terrible seat/view of the game then. 

Just now, Derryvillan said:

I thought he started bad,seemed disinterested and then grew into the game.Put in a couple of cracking crosses that should've resulted in goals.

On the balance of that, would you say he was our worst player?

14 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

he was pretty awful from where I was sitting.  his first touch is shocking.  it takes him 2 or 3 touches to get the balm under control.  whether it's confidence or not he was poor yesterday.  Our worst player in the first 60 mins

To be fair mate, balm can be quite slippy and difficult to control. 😉

• Haha 1

Â