Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Fingers crossed he takes part in some way in the open training session later today.

Surely if he was at BMH, we'd have had the official photos released. I'm not sure he's there yet  

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Surely if he was at BMH, we'd have had the official photos released. I'm not sure he's there yet  

Yes I agree. From the original YouTube signing video I thought he stopping an additional day in Jamaica before flying here - so technically should be here.

On 04/08/2021 at 12:22, Jareth said:

Given all romance in football is now well and truly dead, I welcome an ambitious young chap like Leon who we all know perfectly well has alleigance to a club only if it benefits him - but at least he's honest about it. 

something quite sobering about that.🤨

• Like 2

10 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Yes I agree. From the original YouTube signing video I thought he stopping an additional day in Jamaica before flying here - so technically should be here.

last seen having a coffee with Harry Kane.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think most of the players we sign now will see it as "the next step in their career".  It doesn't have to be a stepping stone, though.  Get enough of them in at the right level and the club will move forward with them.

Champions League. The two words all modern footballers crave. Crack that and we can reasonably expect to retain our best players. Until then we’ll bleed them every time a UCL team comes knocking. 

That’s fine, but we as a club and as fans need to be equally ruthless and unsentimental when it comes to the business of buying and selling. 

Grealish has taught us all a lesson, imo. 

• Like 2

Craig Butler mentioned they'll have to isolate for 10 days. 

Top video is the Contract signing. Second video is the one where the Phoenix Academy youngsters were shown when Leon was delayed at the airport. Third video is the one where Craig Butler says that Leon will use Villa to improve and go to a top 6 club OR he'll improve and Villa will improve and they'll win the title together. 

Message is simple get Champions League or I'm off. Meaning he'll try his best but the rest of the club needs to raise the standards too.

Potentially we'll see him for two seasons and he'll leave or he'll be here for 6/7 seasons and we'll win titles and get Champions League together.

Excellent mentality for me.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Grealish's letter pretty much said the same thing as this, but the difference in emotion is palpable. The other one felt like it was written by a robot in comparison.

Honestly I think the only difference between the two statements is perspective.

• Like 3

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Has he actually met up with the squad yet?

Doesn't sound like it.

Still plenty of time.

I think we need to remember the transfer window is a relatively new thing. We had for many years prior to this signed players in say October/November who would go straight into the first team. The requirement for them to be a the club for 3 or weeks or so before playing is concept that arrived with the transfer window system. Provided he is fit (and not isolating !!!) - I see no reason why he can't be involved on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Grealish's letter pretty much said the same thing as this, but the difference in emotion is palpable. The other one felt like it was written by a robot in comparison.

Jack’s was probably ghost-written by his soulless corporate representatives.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Honestly I think the only difference between the two statements is perspective.

Thing is, for who and what Jack represented to the club ( And what we thought we represented to him ), you can't blame us for expecting something a little less generic. ( 20 years )

Did you see Messi leaving Barcelona for example?

You're right though obviously the tinge of bitterness won't help the viewpoint.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â