Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

5 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Definitely his management team that asked for only 4 years. Gives him a bit of leverage in case he wants to move on or resign for a higher salary in 2 years. 

Possibly correct with that one. Smart on their part of so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

in the country apparently but isolating

Shouldn't take him too long to get involved, he's been playing in the Gold cup last month.

Perhaps he won't start at Watford but would expect him to be in from off v Newcastle.

45 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Pretty sure professional sportspeople are still exempt from isolation rules. 

hmm dunno, but it was clearly mentioned he had to isolate which is why he isnt with the club yet?

Need to see pics with him in the shirt! Hope he doesn’t have to isolate and he’s involved in training from now on. After a disrupted pre season we need to do all we can to get a solid start - especially considering our first 3 fixtures!

On 05/08/2021 at 23:04, Mark Albrighton said:

So following on from Purslow’s video, is his first name pronounced “Lay-on” rather than “Lee-on”?

Purslow seemed to mispronounce “Grealish” so I can’t be 100% sure. 

His own dad pronounced it "Lee-on". I've not heard him say his own name yet though, so we'll see.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I hope Leon turns into a great player for us, the way he said that this is the next step in his career sounds like it's just going to be a stepping stone.

That’s absolutely fine. We all know now that we can’t expect any loyalty from any footballer.

if he gets us into top 4 and then moves on for 80-100m he’ll have done his job. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Interesting how Purslow pronounced his name ‘Lay-on’.  Is that correct?

If Purslow says that is how it is pronounced then you better believe that is how it is pronounced even if Bailey says otherwise. I remember him doing an interview after we signed Sanson. He pronounced it Saw-saw or something similar.

• Haha 3

On 04/08/2021 at 10:55, Jas10 said:

Looks slightly awkward in front of the camera, but I like what he's saying. Team work is mentioned a few times by him, a faster and more aware version of traore can't be a bad thing.

Going to be an exciting season with potentially 2 more very good signings to come.

Makes us unpredictable in a good way in that on the break we can hit it left or right and break quickly rather than hit it left and grealish breaks quick or hit it right and the play slows down.

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

If Purslow says that is how it is pronounced then you better believe that is how it is pronounced even if Bailey says otherwise. I remember him doing an interview after we signed Sanson. He pronounced it Saw-saw or something similar.

Sounds about right - the 'n's should be barely enunciated. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Sounds about right - the 'n's should be barely enunciated. 

Agreed Mr Moo-ey

Â