Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Re the stepping stone I reiterate that his father Craig Butler said - "either he'll improve and leave Villa and go to one of top 6 clubs or he'll improve and Villa will improve with him and they'll win titles together". 

He's said this a few times. Check his YouTube channel for confirmation.

Compare and contrast to the Grealish clan. Top marks for honesty from the get go. 

• Like 3

Hopefully he’s now in the country and at the training ground meeting the team. it would be good to have some interviews and pics with the kit etc too.

Would be nice to see him at Villa Park tomorrow watching the friendly against Sevilla. 

Reckon he’ll definitely feature in the season opener next week.

1 minute ago, wict01 said:

Feel sorry for Bailey that his signing has been overshadowed completely by the Grealish circus. 

Maybe it’s not a bad thing he wasn’t in the country at the time.

I imagine the club will make him welcome and publicise his arrival with some good media content to whip up the excitement. 

Surprised given his ages we didn’t give him a five year deal, rather than the four year deal given. Let’s say he has a fantastic first two years then a five year deal would have given us much more protection in our investment.

Couldn't see discussion on the squad numbers, was interesting that Bailey hasn't been assigned a number, I was wondering if that meant Wesley has agreed a move somewhere but we have to wait till it's official 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Couldn't see discussion on the squad numbers, was interesting that Bailey hasn't been assigned a number, I was wondering if that meant Wesley has agreed a move somewhere but we have to wait till it's official 

Great spot! I think your reasoning is likely spot on

On 05/08/2021 at 14:32, DCJonah said:

Anyone know when he arrives in England. 

Desperate to hit the ground running and want all these new signings on the pitch v Watford. 

18 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

When will he actually be coming here? I can't see him being ready to play for a few games into the season at least?

Not sure if true, but i read he would be here 1-2 days before the Watford game.

I really hope he's going to be fit enough for the Watford game.....

4 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

Surprised given his ages we didn’t give him a five year deal, rather than the four year deal given. Let’s say he has a fantastic first two years then a five year deal would have given us much more protection in our investment.

Definitely his management team that asked for only 4 years. Gives him a bit of leverage in case he wants to move on or resign for a higher salary in 2 years. 

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I gather Jamaica is on the amber list

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Interesting how Purslow pronounced his name ‘Lay-on’.  Is that correct?

I think Purslow likes an accurate pronunciation. I seem to recall him referring to our former sporting director as Pit-archhh in an interview after promotion..

6 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

i wouldnt be surprised if Bailey's side demanded a 4 year deal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Interesting how Purslow pronounced his name ‘Lay-on’.  Is that correct?

i think thats just the "live curse", he also pronounced Grealish "Greadlish".

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Definitely his management team that asked for only 4 years. Gives him a bit of leverage in case he wants to move on or resign for a higher salary in 2 years. 

I get the impression that he’s not planning a long stay at Villa. But thats ok, if he rips the league up and leaves in 2 years then we’ll probably more than double our money and re-invest again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I get the impression that he’s not planning a long stay at Villa. But thats ok, if he rips the league up and leaves in 2 years then we’ll probably more than double our money and re-invest again. 

Absolutely, that's the way it works. If your players aren't in demand by the top teams then honestly they probably aren't that good. 

It took Spurs about a solid 10 years of re-investment before they cracked the Top 4. Hopefully selling Jack for a British transfer record will allow us to cut a couple years off that timeline. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

spacer.png

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Thanks 1

Â