Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

My guess is he'll be 9, but we need to loan out Wesley first. Unless Chukwuemeka is changing, but he'd already been announced as 31 and was wearing it in pre season.

This. Everyone else has been announced so odd that he hasn’t. Maybe waiting for a number from another player with 9 being the key one (possibly 14 though with Hourihane if he is heading off). 

Suspect he won’t be up to speed enough to be involved on Saturday but hopefully will be involved ASAP.

Bailey wearing 31 is probably just a case of him grabbing whatever fit him so they could get all the media bollocks done. His actual number will be sorted in the coming days I imagine. 

Am I naive in hoping he could be involved to some degree on Saturday. If he has been given a fitness plan whilst isolating, involved in team  meetings/tactics planning virtually, then a day or so training with the team. If Ollie is out then it would really help if we could utilise this guy.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Am I naive in hoping he could be involved to some degree on Saturday. If he has been given a fitness plan whilst isolating, involved in team  meetings/tactics planning virtually, then a day or so training with the team. If Ollie is out then it would really help if we could utilise this guy.

You're allowed to name nine subtitutes on the bench this season in the league so he could well be there. I think it would largely depend on the match situation.

Â