Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

I don’t want to be a lil Villa sensitive soul but I can’t shake the feeling he isn’t particularly thrilled to be here and we are just a stepping stone. Don’t really mind provided he delivers the goods whilst he IS here, but that’s just the feeling I’m getting. 

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t want to be a lil Villa sensitive soul but I can’t shake the feeling he isn’t particularly thrilled to be here and we are just a stepping stone. Don’t really mind provided he delivers the goods whilst he IS here, but that’s just the feeling I’m getting. 

does it matter?, if he does the business he will be worth a bucket and we get a big pay day, or he helps us kick on to a european place and stays?

caring about whether a player loves us and wants to be here for the right reasons, got us the plastic jack scenario lol. :P

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Isn't every club a stepping stone? We're just in the process of losing our club captain who's been at the club his whole life. 

38 minutes ago, Spoony said:

For us to be a stepping stone means he'll have to play well and we'll progress. Then we sell him for more and buy two more players that think we're a stepping stone. Don't get suckered into thinking these lads care about the club like we do, even 'one of our own' **** us off at the first opportunity. If he wants a move to a CL club he'll have to earn it, and that'll do us good. Romance is dead!

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Kinda feel sorry for this guy, supposedly a world class signing that’s not getting the fan fare he deserves 

A fitting welcome to the bonkers world of Villa and the Premier League.

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Kinda feel sorry for this guy, supposedly a world class signing that’s not getting the fan fare he deserves 

He will mate, he will.

Saw stats on Sky earlier, better than Jack's last season, goals scored, even more assists.

• Like 1

Ings' thread started a couple of hours ago already nearly has a third as many posts as this one that was started two weeks ago. As much as Ings is a very good player if you'd have told me at the start of the summer that we'd sign him and Bailey I would have guessed that Bailey would have caused the more interest / excitement.

Just now, useless said:

Ings' thread started a couple of hours ago already nearly has a third as many posts as this one that was started two weeks ago. As much as Ings is a very good player if you'd have told me at the start of the summer that we'd sign him and Bailey I would have guessed that Bailey would have caused the more interest / excitement.

Just unfortunate timing I think. 

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Literally every signing has the same idea. Even our boyhood fan is leaving for a record fee tomorrow. It’s part of modern football. Our aim as a club is to capitalise on this and improve each season by bringing in higher quality players each time and continuing to build on each season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

We are just a stepping stone for our former captain so I wouldnt worry about it. This chap looks good, gonna be great season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Did you watch his Villa TV interview? Or read about his character?

You realise the lad was travelling non stop on the day, and even the Dad and others made it known that they were exhausted.

He said all the right things, and even if it's just via his Dad, is very knowledgeable about the club.

I reckon people can pull whatever they want from a situation,

The likes of Benteke and Gueye straight up said we were a stepping stone when they signed.

Baileys Dad made it clear, they were excited about the Villa project, and has said more than once, he thinks we can break top 3/4.

He also said " Either Leon will light it up, and eventually join a top 5 club if it doesn't work out, or Leon will light it up with Villa, and take them to a League title " etc.

I fear Baileys demeanor ( Droopy eyes etc ) on top of it might have him suffering from " Ayew " syndrome with a certain set of fans.

Additionally, people need to realise that players, are players, they don't come here as Villa fans.

However they often time end up becoming them!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

Â