Tammy Abraham

nick76

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No-one has quoted me and argued against me, shall I faint? 3 likes too, I think that is a record for me!

You're post was wrong on every level imaginable..... apart from the fact that I agreed with it all (but I won't mention that).

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I remember no one agreed with me on here the season before last when I suggested that Abraham would become available once Lampard left, it was a bold thing to say, at the time Abraham was doing extremely well and being talked up to the heavens, the idea that Chelsea would let him go anytime soon just seemed too radical, there was a gloomy mood because of the idea that if it wasn't for Chelsea's transfer ban we might have signed him in the summer but had now lost our chance because of his form.

I'm not sure I understand how he's gone from being so highly rated on here, to people talking as if £40m is some sort of ridiculous sum of money for him, he's easily worth £40m, for me that would represent a bargain if a team was to get him for that much, check out his goalscoring record, his all round play isn't as bad as people make out either, excellent work rate and he's comfortable on the ball., frankly if he was a VIlla player and for sale I'd want more than £40m.

All that said, I don't think we will be in for him, if we go for another striker it's more likely to be a cheaper option who will be happier to be a squad player.

I agree, I also think he is worth somewhere around 35-40m. The problem is in Tammy's case, priority and timing. The midfield needs prioritising centrally and in the forward areas and I think that is the base for most peoples negative response. If he was available next year when the decision on Wes may be made then I could see us spending whatever necessary. I just think most people are looking at it that way. As you mention at the end, why spend 40m on a potential sub when you can spend it on a starter?!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Ollie had two long scoring droughts last season:

• 9 matches (Mid November to Late January)
  • 7 matches (Mid-February to Early-April)

That's 16 of the 37 League games he played where he wasn't scoring consistently...  Tammy in the squad would push Ollie on to be better or step in and take over when he falls off form.

Another great point, nicely done.

Were getting some common sense in the thread now.

I mean one thing we all have to be mindful of, is it's not our money. If the Owners feel 40 million is going on signing Tammy, then Tammy will be signed regardless of how much it will cost. Our Owners obviously can afford it and if Tammy should be our record signing then why not, he will get a hero's return as he left on good relations with the fans.

40 mill for a player who finds himself in many good positions and who does score off of them can't be take lightly, he's got time under Smith and will develop. Think about the way in which Tammy could get better under Smith and how competition could improve both he and Watkins.

I think about how defenders have massive headaches over Watkins, add Abraham to that and you get the feeling that some defenders will start feeling as though they should just walk off the pitch, or just not even try against the pair of them lol.

• Like 2

Good thread @nick76 and well done for starting it mate.

He is just what we need and hopefully we get him signed and he arrives pretty soon.

I think around about the £32m+ with add-ons wouldn't be a bad deal at all or even a loan with option to buy next season.

Tammy, Tammy, Tammy, Tammy, Tammy, Taammmmmmy!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

WTF! Consistently failed, what horse tosh are you on about!!! 

6 league goals last season in 1033 minutes in the top league, that's equivalent as 1 in just under every 2 games and a lot of those minutes were bits of games and not a long run.  Overall he got 12 goals in 1533 minutes which is less that 1 goals in every 1.5 matches. 

The season before he scored in the top league 15 goals in equivalent of 1 in every 148 minutes, which is just over 1 in every 1.5 games. 

Then dropping down a level the season before in the Championship he scored 25 league goals in 37 games.

FACTS. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

Tammy aside, what or who is credible source these days?  Percy seems to be agreed on but after that?  I though Fab was but they’ve been some disagreement on him over the weekend.  There aren’t many these days…I would say Sky is credible from those experts and only ok when something actually is happening.

In this case I guess I mean more than just The Mirror and people quoting what The Mirror said. But I agree finding actual credible sources is incredibly difficult when it comes to transfer.

Linking us to Tammy could be fairly lazy journalism though as:

a) He did well on loan for us (his goals helped get us promoted) and it is widely believed we wanted to sign him (but he wanted to give his Chelsea career a chance which to be fair did happen under Lampard).

b) He is mates with Grealish and other Villa players and seemed to love his time at the club (some thinking we want to sign him to help convince Grealish to stay).

c) We have lots of cash and can afford him

The dirt sheets can't make up their mind whether Dean likes him and wants to sign him or if he doesn't (because he was a Bruce loan signing)

The 40 mil fee is completely made up by the press, we have no idea what Chelsea want for him, the fee could be a lot less or a lot more.

10 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

In this case I guess I mean more than just The Mirror and people quoting what The Mirror said. But I agree finding actual credible sources is incredibly difficult when it comes to transfer.

Linking us to Tammy could be fairly lazy journalism though as:

a) He did well on loan for us (his goals helped get us promoted) and it is widely believed we wanted to sign him (but he wanted to give his Chelsea career a chance which to be fair did happen under Lampard).

b) He is mates with Grealish and other Villa players and seemed to love his time at the club (some thinking we want to sign him to help convince Grealish to stay).

c) We have lots of cash and can afford him

The dirt sheets can't make up their mind whether Dean likes him and wants to sign him or if he doesn't (because he was a Bruce loan signing)

The 40 mil fee is completely made up by the press, we have no idea what Chelsea want for him, the fee could be a lot less or a lot more.

No idea mate, it could be lazy journalism or just looks that way because it’s an obvious fit and both Tammy and Villa want it.  Like Ollie and Dean was when that happened, it was just obvious.  We won’t know anything unless something formal happens.

• Like 1

My comment was in context of the comment and to be honest his views on football outside the business of football.  It’s not hard to speak sense more than most on TalkShite but many times I’ve thought Jordan is talking rubbish on it.  Just because you are successful in one thing doesn’t mean you are good at another and Jordan tends to show that a lot.

As for your last couple of lines…billionaires tend to have more than one super yacht.

the daily show boom GIF

Which billionaires have more than one super yacht? 

5 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Which billionaires have more than one super yacht? 

I watched one of those super yacht programs about two months ago so my knowledge went from zero to a bit.  My jealously went from zero to 100%.  Anyway quite a few do.  There is a lot of secrecy as well around it all.  If I had a Super yacht I’d be telling all you mofos, every day in every thread 😂

Just one example being Abrahmovic who has ‘Sussuro’ and the magnificent ‘Eclipse’.  He did own others at various times.  Just googled to check I spelt Sussuro right and there is a rumour that his wife may have gotten Sussuro in the divorce but not confirmed but there is one example.

I watched one of those super yacht programs about two months ago so my knowledge went from zero to a bit.  My jealously went from zero to 100%.  Anyway quite a few do.  There is a lot of secrecy as well around it all.  If I had a Super yacht I’d be telling all you mofos, every day in every thread 😂

Just one example being Abrahmovic who has ‘Sussuro’ and the magnificent ‘Eclipse’.  He did own others at various times.  Just googled to check I spelt Sussuro right and there is a rumour that his wife may have gotten Sussuro in the divorce but not confirmed but there is one example.

Using your example (re, Abrahmovic) it’s clear to me that Watkins is our owners “Eclipse”, whilst Abraham is very much “Sussuro”, Ie, the one they’d give away in a divorce……..

boom GIF

17 minutes ago, Thug said:

Tammy would be a fantastic signing if we can afford him 

I think a big part of affordability will be his wages. Having said that if we want to play with the big boys….

I’m a bit on the fence with Tammy only in respect to priority. I’m leaning towards yes, like you say £40m or perhaps a little less is peanuts as far as transfer fees go for a proven PL goal scorer. Going into the season with only one effective CF given what we want to achieve this season would be folly. 

The way we’re rapidly growing as a club I don’t think spending that sort of money on Tammy will stop our spending elsewhere either. Perhaps add Sarr, Alvares even JWP and ESR aren’t completely impossible. Those people thinking we’re spending the Jack money are wrong. We’re investing the CL money which is our target. Lerner did it without the brains to achieve it. NSWE have brought brains and cash to the table. Buckle up! 

• Like 1

I don't know how I feel about this one. I like Tammy and would be happy to have him back, but I am not sure he is a priority over other positions in the team - a new DM and a LB backup (not sure I would see Ashley Young filling that role - I see him more as a utility option) and another winger are the priorities in my mind, as well as another CB to replace Engels. Not sure how splurging £30m-£40m on Tammy would fit in with FFP and our transfer budget for those other positions, and whether he would want to be backup/competition for Ollie. 

That said, if the money is available and Dean and NSWE want him, then obviously he must fit into our plans and I will stop worrying about the other positions. 

We also have the added incentive for him that we are building the core of the England team for the future here (Jack/Mings/Ollie, Konsa/Cash/Targett) - who wouldn't want to be a part of this???

2 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Using your example (re, Abrahmovic) it’s clear to me that Watkins is our owners “Eclipse”, whilst Abraham is very much “Sussuro”, Ie, the one they’d give away in a divorce……..

boom GIF

You're not very good at this, I believe he brought the Eclipse after Sussurro so it would be the other way around that the wife got Watkins in the analogy.  Also we have had no divorce at Villa, everybody is still together....our couple the owners are still together 😂

Anyway none of that matters as I got back onto Yachts and it looks like Abramovich is about to receive this summer his new boat 'Solaris' so he will have a new toy in 'Solaris' and 'Eclipse'.  How fitting is that has 'eclipse' like us with Watkins and this summer he gets a new toy like us in 'Solaris' like Tammy for us...

So I think that deserves a Boom and a Mic Drop...

shocked gary vaynerchuk GIFBarack Obama Mic Drop GIF

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

I don't know how I feel about this one. I like Tammy and would be happy to have him back, but I am not sure he is a priority over other positions in the team - a new DM and a LB backup (not sure I would see Ashley Young filling that role - I see him more as a utility option) and another winger are the priorities in my mind, as well as another CB to replace Engels. Not sure how splurging £30m-£40m on Tammy would fit in with FFP and our transfer budget for those other positions, and whether he would want to be backup/competition for Ollie. 

That said, if the money is available and Dean and NSWE want him, then obviously he must fit into our plans and I will stop worrying about the other positions. 

We also have the added incentive for him that we are building the core of the England team for the future here (Jack/Mings/Ollie, Konsa/Cash/Targett) - who wouldn't want to be a part of this???

Agree with all this except Young - think he is the cover for both fullbacks and may feature elsewhere if he impresses in training. 

Given the priority needs at 10, DM, CB and Keeper, signing Tammy seems like a luxury buy - but if the owners want luxury then good for them! 

If Tammy joined I really don’t see Jack leaving anytime soon. 

Â