Tammy Abraham

nick76

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Kevin Holtenga Vilareabi Bakrumie  Abraham 

If his name was Emi Abraham, everybody on this forum would be deadly keen to sign him but because his name is Kevin, it seems 50/50 on here. 

I'm saddened to say this forum is name-ist. 

Discrimination because of a name is disgusting! Those against signing him should be disgusted in themselves because this seems the real reason

😉

• Like 1

I do remember the defensive moves Tammy made in the championship, there were more than a few times he saved our asses.

I think anyone who thinks Tammy is not worth a shot needs to go back to the time he had with us and see his footage, seriously he was magic for us.

Still wouldn't be in the prem without him this day, that alone he deserves a shot at Villa still so long as he can bring the goods as I'm sure he can.

I am down more than 100 percent for having Tammy back, people go on about the likes of Ghazi scoring his goal for us Inthe playoffs, but Tammy was one of those players who fired us up that league.

Tam Tam deserves it and we owe him a return and I'm sure he'd pay that back ten fold. I think some maybe a little nervous in case he dethrones Watkins, well if he manages to do that he certainly deserves the lone striker spot. If Tammy comes in we may use two strikers in a match orthere are other options we just don't know about I bet.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If Dean thinks he can keep both Tammy and Ollie happy then I'm fine with it.  Otherwise I'd just try and unearth the next Ollie instead.

That's the main thing isn't it, if both can up there game and be a positive influence on each other and both brings level of competition that could even take them into the England squad, then why not.

So long as they can co exist and be a perfect strike force I am down with it in everyway.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

Loved Tammy, but theres not 40 million pounds worth of loving there...

I bet you there is 🤣

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

not because i dont think hes a good player, but because spending 40m on his position is right down the list of priorities!!!

How dare you use his picture in such a way, this is outrageous and Borat loves Tammy BTW.

High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

I can’t believe we are even interested. It would just be a really odd move in my view. Tammy is a cherry on top signing and we are far from finishing the icing at this point! Glad we have a separate thread now though as it was becoming somewhat distracting.

Just now, MaVilla said:

hmm, i personally think the priority list should be:

1) DM

2) CAM (or left winger depending on how we will set up)

3) CB (Engels has gone)

4) Left back (depending on whether Young is backup LB)

5) Striker

I'm

1) CAM

2) Striker

3) DM

4) CB

CB is lower for me because we have Hause as a back up ready to Mings and Konsa, and while that doesnt make me totally comfortable in terms of numbers, we only have one striker in Ollie and if he goes down we are in trouble.  So CB has one back up, striker doesnt.

When I talk about striker and you'll question what about the others.  We as fans (obviously Dean and co will) have no idea how Wes is going to come back at all.  He played 16 minutes in the come back and 13 of those minutes were in the 5th last game.  We truly dont know when he'll be properly back or if at all.  He's the big unknown, so many questions around him from a fans point of view and on top of being 18 months out...who knows.  Davis is out of favour, we know that and it's well known I'm not a fan.  So for me it's just Ollie at the moment and that scares me, especially seeing how it impacted Wolves last season without a quality striker and their make do and young strikers just current do it for them, so a lost season and then the manager went. 

If we didnt buy a striker and Ollie got injured and we had then a poor/average season then we'd definitely lose Jack and most likely Smith would be gone.

We desperately need a CAM in my eyes, then a striker for reasons above.  I really want a quality DM, i think we really need one but if the budget was taken up by a CAM and Striker then we have enough players to play a midfield role which is not ideal but considering we are still rebuilding we wont get everything we want straight away.  Hence two positions I want are CAM and Striker because I dont think we have enough for those positions in quality.

I know you see DM as number 1 and I understand why, I'm just not totally on that page...I just happen to think that's third priority for me, obviously you'll disagree with me.  I havent put LB because I think Young will cover that if something happens to Targett

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This is a rare thing in football

we don’t need Tammy 

Tammy don’t need us 

everyone is happy

However… on VillaTalk.com

I think the opposite

we do need Tammy 

Tammy needs us 

everyone is happy

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

Edited by nick76
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If his name was Emi Abraham, everybody on this forum would be deadly keen to sign him but because his name is Kevin, it seems 50/50 on here. 

I'm saddened to say this forum is name-ist. 

Discrimination because of a name is disgusting! Those against signing him should be disgusted in themselves because this seems the real reason

😉

It is the stigma attached to Kevin Turvey 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Good player but a massive fee for a sub seems unwise 

If he bangs around 15 goals in then 40 mills is nothing for a season, especially if he can bring Watkins type performances in as well, which we know he can. His game is more than just goals, he does things on the field that contribute in many other ways also.

It'd be a real shame not to grab him up only for him to go to someone we compete with next season and they end up really competing, you'd all kick yourselves if he were the reason we were denied Europe. Some say he's the cheery on the icing, well we can have the cherry first and skip the icing.

I am that confident he will work, I can just feel Tammy Mania now.

Absolute no brainer. Admired how committed he was at Chelsea to breaking into their first 11 but that ship has now sailed. IF he is still motivated to succeed elsewhere then he's a bloody good player to have on your side. Money talk is pointless, if we go for him it's because we can afford to. Why not have him and Ollie competing, a pair better than Kelly Brook's.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Considering so many have asked for it and he's dominating other threads here is a thread for the next Aston Villa signing 😉

a link as well

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tammy-abraham-aston-villa-transfer-20914606

also....Bumingham Mail should not be a legitimate source to start a thread imo........the "player speculation" threads have gone down hill massively in recent times in relation to whether they are genuine links or just gossip nonsense used to create pointless threads of players that should just be in the summer window thread, until a "genuine" link from a legitimate source appears.

Sorry, not trying to be grumpy, but the threshold for a new player speculation thread had taken a nose dive imo over recent times.

5 minutes ago, Chine said:

Love Tammy but that ship has sailed ,we’ve got a main man up top so I’d prefer to sign Olise as back up  , sell KD and send Wes on loan 

Olise is a midfielder isn’t he? Not a back up for a striker

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

also....Bumingham Mail should not be a legitimate source to start a thread imo........the "player speculation" threads have gone down hill massively in recent times in relation to whether they are genuine links or just gossip nonsense used to create pointless threads of players that should just be in the summer window thread, until a "genuine" link from a legitimate source appears.

Sorry, not trying to be grumpy, but the threshold for a new player speculation thread had taken a nose dive imo over recent times.

Apart the truly bad sources, any source is going to be a bad if you don’t like the rumour.  

It’s been rumoured by a couple of papers so is as legitimate as the one source from a top paper on JWP which seems the only real source and nothing heard of since.

Edited by nick76

Â