Tammy Abraham

nick76

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Only 6 pages? Rashica had +400 for his first thread. 

200.gif

395 of them were fish puns plus no discussion when 99% of people think we should sign Tammy, we’d just all be agreeing with each other 😜

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

I understand both sides of the Tammy argument. But if Watkins gets hurt, Tammy looks pretty damn good, even for 40m of someone else's money. If NSWE sign off on it, Maqroll does too.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Add me to the Tammy in crowd.   Knows the set up, players and provides good competition for Watkins.

Competition?

Tammy will never go to a club to be "competition". Way too good for that.

Watkins is our man, and people need to start coming to terms with that.

Paying 40-50M on a striker to sit on the bench isn't happening. People need to get real here.

Tammy will go to a club where he'll be promised being the main guy, just like Watkins got promised when signing for us.

• Like 2

What about if we switched to a 4-4-2 and had Tammy and Watkins up front ?

That would scare the shit out of most teams AND as a bonus if either one was out the other is more than capable. Sign Tammy before he goes somewhere else.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

What's Alisha's looks discussion got to do with Tammy's fit at Villa and then a bet about goal scoring?

Firstly I've never seen Alisha play and as for Tammy, if he's stuck at Chelsea and out in the wilderness and not getting games then he isnt going to score.  Plus i have no idea what Villa women games are like, whether we are any good or what a typical score line is.  I havent watched Villa women play or any women domestic football.  To be honest I've only ever watched womens football at international tournaments, just not something I've got into otherwise so have no clue if this was a good bet or not.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

It maybe the case or it maybe not but let's face it would you complain if Smith and the chiefs signed Tammy?

If the answer is yes you would then really you don't trust the process at Villa and don't see why they would want Tammy. I do actually see alot more reason and positive reason why Tammy would be still wanted at Villa than just to decline him outright.

Personally I don't see how anyone can't see what he'd bring to our squad and why he wouldn't give it his all in a Villa shirt.

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Alright mate, you're in too deep take a breath and drink some water. Anytime you're segmenting my post like that, I ain't reading it.

Run free little ones run free. 

A thread just for you. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Run free little ones run free. 

A thread just for you. 

Sorry mate but I like to tell everybody my view of the world on every thread, I feel I owe it to the world and I know how you guys love it 😉

I Am Laughing GIF by Film Riot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Only 6 pages? Rashica had +400 for his first thread. 

200.gif

All you need is a few people who can't get transfer business right and you have hundreds of pages of rubbish.

• Like 1

Lazy journalism isn't it. People think JAck is going to City so who would Villa spend the money on. Oh they will get Tammy. We don't need Tammy that much and having to fit him in with Watkins would probably be an issue. 

6 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think a big part of affordability will be his wages. Having said that if we want to play with the big boys….

I’m a bit on the fence with Tammy only in respect to priority. I’m leaning towards yes, like you say £40m or perhaps a little less is peanuts as far as transfer fees go for a proven PL goal scorer. Going into the season with only one effective CF given what we want to achieve this season would be folly. 

The way we’re rapidly growing as a club I don’t think spending that sort of money on Tammy will stop our spending elsewhere either. Perhaps add Sarr, Alvares even JWP and ESR aren’t completely impossible. Those people thinking we’re spending the Jack money are wrong. We’re investing the CL money which is our target. Lerner did it without the brains to achieve it. NSWE have brought brains and cash to the table. Buckle up! 

He hasn't signed a new deal in ages. He wanted the same wages as CHO and was refused. I think he is still on the same wages he was on whisky we were in the championship. 

Just now, Zatman said:

No thanks, good player and guy but not worth the cost. 

We need a striker but it wont be Tammy 

who then?  Despite my fanboy attitude to Tammy the last few days I am open to a name. 

I just want a quality striker that is at roughly the same level as Ollie otherwise I think it's a waste of money hence why I've been talking about Tammy but I am open.  Daka I would've said yes to but we were never in that race to be honest and now Leicester have signed him.  I'm not convinced on Edouard but open to be convinced but I'm nowhere near there.

54 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Competition?

Tammy will never go to a club to be "competition". Way too good for that.

Watkins is our man, and people need to start coming to terms with that.

Paying 40-50M on a striker to sit on the bench isn't happening. People need to get real here.

Tammy will go to a club where he'll be promised being the main guy, just like Watkins got promised when signing for us.

There is a difference between wanting something to happen, and believing it will happen.

I’d say pretty much everyone here would be happy for us to sign Tammy.

Most of us are a little dubious that 

a) we are in a position to slap down £40m on a reserve striker 

b) Tammy has any intention of being a reserve striker

As for point B, Tammy is no winger.  Ollie played on the wing before, but I can’t see him wanting to go out wide again.  2 up top?  Don’t see smith changing his formation just to get Tammy into the fold.

Tammy needs game time. End of story. 

As much as I’d like for us to sign him, I don’t see it happening.  He should’ve pushed for a move when we wanted him, but he made a really really poor decision in ‘staying and fighting for his place’ at Chelsea.  He’d probably be playing for England now had he come to us back then. 

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

who then?  Despite my fanboy attitude to Tammy the last few days I am open to a name. 

I just want a quality striker that is at roughly the same level as Ollie otherwise I think it's a waste of money hence why I've been talking about Tammy but I am open.  Daka I would've said yes to but we were never in that race to be honest and now Leicester have signed him.  I'm not convinced on Edouard but open to be convinced but I'm nowhere near there.

Maybe Alvarez can do the job if we sign him. Thing is teams dont pay big for a guy that will be 2nd string. Spurs have struggled badly trying to find a back up for Kane, Liverpool have Origi

I think somebody like Benteke (not him) with a bit of experience and doesn't mind not starting weekly would be better. Then we can see if Wes returns or if Barry develops

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe Alvarez can do the job if we sign him. Thing is teams dont pay big for a guy that will be 2nd string. Spurs have struggled badly trying to find a back up for Kane, Liverpool have Origi

I think somebody like Benteke (not him) with a bit of experience and doesn't mind not starting weekly would be better. Then we can see if Wes returns or if Barry develops

I said my piece about Alvarez earlier in the thread...in summary there is so much risk around Alvarez helping in the first year or two.

I think we have to stop thinking of second string and that we have two players fighting for one shirt (this is without the debate about injuries, tactics, suspensions, formations, form, tiredness or whatever).  We need two players fighting for one shirt which Ollie currently has the shirt...top 8 teams have squads, our fans keep thinking about the first XI and back up players.  We need to uplift our thinking if we are going attain a European place.  We cant think we are going to get a European place but dont set ourselves up to give us that chance.

Maybe the older player maybe a way but most will still have a decent transfer fee with no resell value whereas Tammy is 23 so if it doesnt work then we still sell him when he's 25/26 with resell value.  Then quality older signings will be on massive wages and some maybe wont have the desire either and just looking for a last pay day so it's definitely possible but we'd have to be careful.  Plus we seem to want younger players to grow togethers and only Young has been outside that but if a quality player comes up then great.  As I said I am open to options just for me at the moment Tammy is head and shoulders on balance above other players.

Â