Tammy Abraham

nick76

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Traore and Bailey can fill in I fit comes to it. 

I'm not too concerned. 

Traore no.  He falls over in a heap when a butterfly passes too close - he'd get murdered by most centre backs in the Premier League.  Bailey maybe.  But from all the clips it looks like he is better cutting in from wide.  The Bailey signing does take the pressure off a little (in that I think he might be OK for the odd game to cover suspensions / tiredness) but if he is playing up front because Ollie is out then we are weaker in two starting positions.  We need to be getting closer to the point that when Dean brings on a sub we become more dangerous because the player that is coming on isn't a big drop from the player he is replacing but is fit, raring to do and has 25 minutes to burn the energy that the departing player expended in 65 minutes.  Up front is the one place where that can't happen at the moment. 

Starting to think that this will actually happen, the other day Matt Law said we would move for him if Grealish was sold, yesterday Percy said the same, those two also mentioned Tuanzebe which looks like it might be happening, and today Romano in his Guardian artice has mentioned it as well.

I get the arguments that we need another striker.

But is dropping £40 million on a backup striker really a sensible option here?

I feel like the money could be spent in better areas, with a lower priced striker coming in as a backup.

Just now, Xela said:

Pray for @nick76

Just as I put in the other thread

Consoling....I'm f**king delighted, I love Danny Ings.  I said in the Tammy thread that I just wanted a quality striker to come in and I thought available that Tammy was the best fit.  I never thought that Danny Ings would be gettable.  I havent thought who is better blah blah but I am hugely delighted to have signed him.  I cannot tell you how great it is!!!

Tammy I love without doubt but jeez wept this is awesome that we have signed Danny Ings, I am delighted!!!!

• Like 4

To all those who said we wouldnt drop big money on a striker, we just did!!!

giphy.gif

p.s. Not sure it was 30m that Gregg Evans is saying but oh well if it was.....

Edited by nick76

Â