Tammy Abraham

nick76

Tammy is a striker for a team who dominate the ball. He does not suit the way that we play. I would be amazed if we are interested and also very disappointed. 
If Jack does go we would be better off signing 2 top quality central midfield players and 1 top quality versatile forward who can play across the line. Add in a back up gk and ch and we are cooked.

• Like 2

It's nice to have progressed so much in a short space of time that some fans are willing to turn their nose up at a striker who scored 15 and assisted 4 as the main forward of a team that finished in a Champions League placed a year ago, then won said competition the following year. 

He played 17 matches worth of 90 mins in total last season and got 12 goals and 6 assists in that time on the pitch. 

He's only 23. I don't think we should be investing the £40mil that was touted on a position we only play 1 player in and who has the position nailed down, but other than him not displacing Watkins / not wanting to spend £40mil on a forward, I don't know how you can be against this kind of player joining us. 

• Like 2

Sign him up for depth and competition for Watkins. Tell him if he outplays and out trains Ollie, the starting job is his. Net positive for Villa.

Edited by maqroll

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Tammy is a striker for a team who dominate the ball. He does not suit the way that we play. I would be amazed if we are interested and also very disappointed. 
If Jack does go we would be better off signing 2 top quality central midfield players and 1 top quality versatile forward who can play across the line. Add in a back up gk and ch and we are cooked.

I agreed. If Jack’s really going for 100m, Lautaro Martinez at 50-60m would be more suited our style with new our creative midfielders Buendia / Bailey. Will make A big statement too , as he’s crown jewel of Argentina football & plays like a young Aguero. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I would seriously doubt this one.

We play one up front and have one of the best men for playing that position in the league.

Is Tammy going to come in as a sub? He's not getting Watkins out of the team. We don't have European games to have the luxury of players to rotate in and out.

If we put Watkins wide then we are weakening 2 positions.

• Like 2

I just don’t get it personally. Good player, but a massive waste of money on someone who won’t improve the first 11, and Ollie isn’t going to play LW. 

My worry would be that this is security if Tottenham come in for Ollie once Kane is sold. Big if. 

Edited by Tony

Why would we sign a record signing in the position of last years record signing who had a superb debut season? This doesn't make sense

I'd get another midfielder like Ward Prowse in and sign Alveraz. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Digavilla said:

I agreed. If Jack’s really going for 100m, Lautaro Martinez at 50-60m would be more suited our style with new our creative midfielders Buendia / Bailey. Will make A big statement too , as he’s crown jewel of Argentina football & plays like a young Aguero. 

I reckon there might be a certain other player who is actually the 'crown jewel' of Argentina. 

Aside from that, and his style not quite being the same as Aguero, there's no way we're signing Lautaro Martínez.

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why would we sign a record signing in the position of last years record signing who had a superb debut season? This doesn't make sense

I'd get another midfielder like Ward Prowse in and sign Alveraz. 

Now, take with a pinch of salt but this latest article from the usually reliable Tom Collomosse seems to think we will be in for a Striker, versatile attacking midfielder and holding midfielder if/when Grealish goes. 

So hopefully it's not one or the other.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9858405/Jack-Grealish-close-100m-Man-City-Aston-Villa-expecting-deal-weekend.html

"As well as a pacy forward, Villa are thought to be looking for a versatile attacking midfielder and a holding player, while they retain an interest in Southampton captain James Ward-Prowse."

We now have Ollie, Leon, BT, Wesley and an injured Keinan that could play upfront in theory.

I think it would do Wesley a lot of good to go out on loan, even if it's in the Championship to build-up his fitness and form. KD is made of glass unfortunately, but wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out in Jan too. Don't know about Bailey, but I can't picture BT as a lone striker if Ollie was out, so I think bringing another in makes sense.

I'm still not convinced we're in for Tammy if honest, as I think it's an easy link for the papers to make. 

Â