Tammy Abraham

nick76

12 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm still not convinced we're in for Tammy if honest, as I think it's an easy link for the papers to make. 

I think I've done that point to death not to mention we absolutely wouldn't guarantee him a starting spot even if he did want to come here which I don't even think he does

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

For me, if Edouard is available for £15-20M  and Tammy at £40m I'd much rather go for the former.

Edouard has been cack recently even Celtic fans have been saying so.  Rogers even passed on him. No thanks

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think I've done that point to death not to mention we absolutely wouldn't guarantee him a starting spot even if he did want to come here which I don't even think he does

Of course it would Guarantee him a starting spot, there is no reason why both Watkins and Tammy can't have an equal amount of starts. It's unfair playing a striker at that level all season, it really is. 38 games is a bloody body destroying long time and someone like Tammy coming in helps Watkins out because Smith would feel he coul trust Tammy to do the job with Watkins.

Tammy would love to come back I reckon if the package was right then he'd be on his way. If Tammy was Guaranteed half a season of starts similar to Watkins its way more than he'd be getting at any other top team anyway as they would have him as a rotational player.  Even at 19 roughly games a season that's still alot of starts in a season.

17 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Tammy is a striker for a team who dominate the ball. He does not suit the way that we play. I would be amazed if we are interested and also very disappointed. 
If Jack does go we would be better off signing 2 top quality central midfield players and 1 top quality versatile forward who can play across the line. Add in a back up gk and ch and we are cooked.

This season we will dominate more of the ball so get Tammy in is correct.

Jack's not going that I have not fear over him leaving

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

there is no reason why both Watkins and Tammy can't have an equal amount of starts. It's unfair playing a striker at that level all season, it really is.

Load of rubbish. Kane plays every game when fit. So do strikers for loads of clubs. Vardy would play every game if Watkins age. What's the split 19/19? This is just silly argument.

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Of course it would Guarantee him a starting spot, there is no reason why both Watkins and Tammy can't have an equal amount of starts. It's unfair playing a striker at that level all season, it really is. 38 games is a bloody body destroying long time and someone like Tammy coming in helps Watkins out because Smith would feel he coul trust Tammy to do the job with Watkins.

Tammy would love to come back I reckon if the package was right then he'd be on his way. If Tammy was Guaranteed half a season of starts similar to Watkins its way more than he'd be getting at any other top team anyway as they would have him as a rotational player.  Even at 19 roughly games a season that's still alot of starts in a season.

I just cannot agree with this I’m afraid Dave.

Ollie Watkins is one of the first names on the team sheet for me, even if he goes 10 games without a goal. His pressing and all around play completely changed our attack last season. You say 38 games as if that is treacherous, without European football it’s basically 1 game per week as he is unlikely to feature in any early cup rounds. I appreciate the need to have a capable backup for him, but if we were to do what you propose then I think we would end up with both Ollie and Tammy unhappy with their game time, as I feel that Tammy will go somewhere to play. 

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Load of rubbish. Kane plays every game when fit. So do strikers for loads of clubs. Vardy would play every game if Watkins age. What's the split 19/19? This is just silly argument.

Yeah they may do but we may do things abit different like some other clubs do rotating players. It's only a stupid arguement because your always think you right and you never listen or take in anything anybody says. I don't think once In this Tammy thread you have agreed with anything that's been positive from someone who would like Tammy back.

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yep... also Smith likes consistency in team selection, and more importantly, Watkins is integral to the way we play, pressing from the front when we don't have ball, and running in behind and making quick transitions up the pitch, when we get possession. That's not Abraham's forte.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Woody1000 said:

I just cannot agree with this I’m afraid Dave.

Ollie Watkins is one of the first names on the team sheet for me, even if he goes 10 games without a goal. His pressing and all around play completely changed our attack last season. You say 38 games as if that is treacherous, without European football it’s basically 1 game per week as he is unlikely to feature in any early cup rounds, I appreciate the need to have a capable backup for him, but if we were to do what you propose then I think we would end up with both Ollie and Tammy unhappy with their game time, as I feel that Tammy will go somewhere to play. 

For a start if Ollie goes 10 games without goal he should be changed for Tammy as Tammy can do good pressing also like what Watkins does, there games are similar in that sense. While I'll understand your concerns over game time I should imagine if Tammy were brought into the club that something in a compromise between Ollie and Tammy would need to take place. For all we know both may be happy with such a situation, we just don't know.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

For a start if Ollie goes 10 games without goal he should be changed for Tammy as Tammy can do good pressing also like what Watkins does, there games are similar in that sense. While I'll understand your concerns over game time I should imagine if Tammy were brought into the club that something in a compromise between Ollie and Tammy would need to take place. For all we know both may be happy with such a situation, we just don't know.

Again Dave, I have to disagree mate.

It’s obviously just my opinion, but when it comes to all around play Tammy isn’t as good as Ollie.

In a perfect world, I would love to bring Tammy back to the club, but he would be Ollie’s understudy - it wouldn’t be a job share.

The last bit of your post that I highlighted, couldn’t that be used to argue absolutely anything?

I love Ollie but could he become complacent if he feels he is undroppable? We need to offer him competition at a similar level to keep the competition for places and keep players striving to perform. I still don’t know why we can’t play both up top. I still don’t understand why people think £40m is too much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Not too many teams do well in europe with only 1 striker

Except West Ham.  Who will probably win it because they have Antonio (a failed right back) playing up front.  Which is the model that all teams need to adopt in order to be successful because that is modern football and no other approach can possibly work.

Edited by allani

7 minutes ago, allani said:

Except West Ham.  Who will probably win it because they have Antonio (a failed right back) playing up front.  Which is the model that all teams need to adopt in order to be successful because that is modern football and no other approach can possibly work.

Traore and Bailey can fill in If it comes to it. 

I'm not too concerned. 

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

Traore and Bailey can fill in I fit comes to it. 

I'm not too concerned. 

When the **** did Traore and Bailey sign for West Ham???  **** you go and put the kettle on and when you get back the whole squad has left....!!!!

Â