Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Never discount Chelsea from any debate over transfers. They seem to be able to pull out huge transfers from nowhere and unfortunately are a very attractive proposition at the moment. 

Yep, spent £230m last summer, don't need that much this year only 1 or 2 players 

Would laugh if city got kane, Chelsea got Haaland for £120m each

12 minutes ago, KMitch said:

15 years ago, you couldn't find a Man City, Spurs, or Leicester fan in the USA, unless they were from the UK originally.  Now?  They're everywhere...  

Somehow I used to see few people wear Aston Villa everynow and then in Saudi Arabia. Ofcourse most of my friends or the whole community used to talk to me about Villa and keep asking all the time, even some liked the colors and keep asking me to get them shirts. 🤣

I think we’re in the right direction, hopefully we can win a cup this season and go to Europe. We’ll start attracting more people globally.

Apparently Ajax are interested in him and Overmars wanted a meeting with his reps.  All on twitter verse but from Ajax sources.  To me, that's a good sign he's good! No basis to that apart from i always associate good young talent at Ajax for some reason (Probably completely wrong).

Just now, Paddywhack said:

So now we're even beating ex-Arsenal players to signings. We're pummelling that club from all angles.

Very very good point!  That's friggin hilarious 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

This will mean the end of Rashica talk 😉🙂

Cod you be more wrong!  We will soon put you in your Plaice.  I think you are just Fishing for replies...😉

• Haha 2

The most annoying thing about starting a speculation thread on here is those hacks at Birmingham Live will plagiarise my hard work and reel people in with a disingenuous headline. 

'Villa on the verge of shock South American signing'.

You think I'm getting any of that clickbait ad revenue? Cos I ain't.
I just do this shit cos I love y'all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Cod you be more wrong!  We will soon put you in your Plaice.  I think you are just Fishing for replies...😉

Just arrived in Dover, poor Sole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Conflicting reports over whether we have completed the signing or are opening talks & in competition with Ajax for his signature.

Looks like a great signing, cover at CF & RW at least. Young with high potential and has attracted the likes of Real Madrid & Juventus in the past. 

I’m sure we’re looking to add quality but also boost the squad & options. It’s going to be a disruptive season for some players (Luiz at the Olympics, Nakamba & Traore at AFCON) so we need to make sure we don’t suffer due to absence/injury/suspension. Anticipating us going into the season with an exciting and formidable team & squad…

Hopefully this deal is done, as some are stating:

“Aston Villa and River Plate agree to transfer striker Julian Alvarez, 20. The value is around 20 million dollars.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Just arrived in Dover, poor Sole.

I'm Herring that this one is done: he's going to be Brill. Let's all accept that Rashica was between a Rock and a hard Plaice and stop Carping on about him. I feel the same with all this talk of Emile Smith Roe: we all know he'll Flounder next season with tighter marking etc and Arteta will be battered for keeping him. 

• Haha 1

Thing with these sorts of players is, if they're  even half decent, but don't. ' fit ", you can usually palm them off to Spain to get your money back or even profit!

I reckon there is so much strategy involved in our new transfer dealings we would be surprised.

Thankfully the club are much better run, so he won't go through anything like our last River Plate signing.

Oh, and the Emis!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The most annoying thing about starting a speculation thread on here is those hacks at Birmingham Live will plagiarise my hard work and reel people in with a disingenuous headline. 

'Villa on the verge of shock South American signing'.

You think I'm getting any of that clickbait ad revenue? Cos I ain't.
I just do this shit cos I love y'all. 

Not even that sweet sweet Wednesday ad money?

GIF by Showtime

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I'm Herring that this one is done: he's going to be Brill. Let's all accept that Rashica was between a Rock and a hard Plaice and stop Carping on about him. I feel the same with all this talk of Emile Smith Roe: we all know he'll Flounder next season with tighter marking etc and Arteta will be battered for keeping him. 

you have denied, other posters a chance to Trawl.

• Haha 1

Â