Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah sadly it's been shit for about twice as long as it was brilliant, a bit like Ross Barkley last season.

It was good while it lasted in both cases! Barkley was class at the start of last season but he went off the boil. As they say, form is temporary, class is permanent!

• Like 1

I really hope this deal goes through for 2 reasons.

a) I really like what I've seen of him as a player. Has impressed me each time I've seen him play
b) The reaction from Arsenal fans would be hilarious.

That said, I don't think it will happen unless Arsenal are seriously desperate for cash. 

29 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The Simpsons - the most overrated and least funny TV show of all time.

**runs for cover**

Some of the old stuff is amazing, as in the off the cuff comments. Whole episodes have never been funny and the recent stuff is tragic.

On the bright side Smith Rowe will not have the same affinity with the Simpson’s due to his age.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It was from transfermarkt and it was based on their valuation of the squad. I believe we were in the mid-high £4XXm and Arsenal were low-mid £5XXm. It felt about right to me.

Cor! NSWE are bloody good business men. Didn’t they buy it from Dr Tony for £60m and a snotty tissue?

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I really hope this deal goes through for 2 reasons.

a) I really like what I've seen of him as a player. Has impressed me each time I've seen him play
b) The reaction from Arsenal fans would be hilarious.

That said, I don't think it will happen unless Arsenal are seriously desperate for cash. 

He does look an exciting prospect but point b has become the main reason for me now 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, romavillan said:

There's a lot to unpack here, but it's probably better done by a trained psychotherapist.

Thanks for your help. However if you think that calling out an organisation for sheltering a serial paedophile is deserving of the attention of a shrink, then that is truly concerning. 

The more people that think like that the more I worry. Never mind good old Aunty Beeb eh? I’m sure they’ve learnt from their mistakes and the next paedophile that they turn into a national treasure they’ll manage to stop after a year or two instead of the 30 years they knew about Saville and did nothing about. 

Now where’s my straight jacket. Proper nutter me you know. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Nicho said:

On the bright side Smith Rowe will not have the same affinity with the Simpson’s due to his age.

he might even have to look it up in an "encyclopedia".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It was from transfermarkt and it was based on their valuation of the squad. I believe we were in the mid-high £4XXm and Arsenal were low-mid £5XXm. It felt about right to me.

Imagine what we would be worth if Bruce got us promoted under the mad Dr,  a lot worse than 450m and we'd probably be on our 3rd chinese owner by now. Thank God for Fulham.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Thanks for your help. However if you think that calling out an organisation for sheltering a serial paedophile is deserving of the attention of a shrink, then that is truly concerning. 

The more people that think like that the more I worry. Never mind good old Aunty Beeb eh? I’m sure they’ve learnt from their mistakes and the next paedophile that they turn into a national treasure they’ll manage to stop after a year or two instead of the 30 years they knew about Saville and did nothing about. 

Now where’s my straight jacket. Proper nutter me you know. 

Given that we learned fairly recently that Villa covered up child abuse for 20+ years let’s just not jump to saying that means an organisation should be shut down because then I’d have to support Brentford or someone and I’ve waited a long time to actually enjoy supporting this team again…!

19 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Given that we learned fairly recently that Villa covered up child abuse for 20+ years let’s just not jump to saying that means an organisation should be shut down because then I’d have to support Brentford or someone and I’ve waited a long time to actually enjoy supporting this team again…!

Shutting down was probably an over the top statement. However I’d like to think that we finally looked into it properly and along with, hopefully all football clubs both large and small, have put measures into place to make sure this abhorrent crime can never happen again. 

I’m honestly not so confident that the BBC has done the same. On Question Time when the story was finally out, Janet Street-Porter almost boasted, “Oh we all knew what Jimmy was like.” She went on to say that as a young journalist she felt unable to speak out at the time. She conveniently forgot that she had been a fairly prominent presenter for most of the time Saville had been raping children. For me she and everyone else she claimed, “knew what Jimmy was like” are complicit in the crime.  Could you sleep if you knew a work colleague was doing what Saville did but did nothing. I couldn’t. 

May have strayed of topic. I think we’ll sign ESR. 

• Like 1

Some guy on Sky Sports earlier saying yes we are interested but Arsenal will not sell.

They also can't be that hard up for cash as they seem to be selling three or four to fund at least two incoming players.

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Some guy on Sky Sports earlier saying yes we are interested but Arsenal will not sell.

To be honest Sky Sports should be on our blacklist, their speculation is awful and biased.  Good when facts happen but worse than useless when doing speculation.

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

They also can't be that hard up for cash as they seem to be selling three or four to fund at least two incoming players.

but who? Lokonga for 15m, isnt really rocking the football world.  Ben White deal doesnt look like it is happening, Locatelli was a non-starter....they couldnt even financially compete with us for Buendia.  I see the Arsenal fans talking about all these big names players they are after and reality seems very different because either Arsenal cant afford them or the player isnt interested in joining them.  Just feels like one of those families that live way beyond their means and try to give the impression they are rich and better than you.

Edited by nick76

I don't think this signing makes any sense at all from either side and I can't work out what kind of fee it would take. I also don't think our transfers that end up happening drag out this long. 

For all those reasons it'll probably end up happening somehow

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I don't think this signing makes any sense at all from either side and I can't work out what kind of fee it would take. I also don't think our transfers that end up happening drag out this long. 

For all those reasons it'll probably end up happening somehow

Why does it not makes sense for Villa?  Young, talented, loads of potential, british based in a position we are desperate to fill.  Seems a perfect fit.  If we are bidding in small increments, we must be close to something they would accept (whether they would accept or not is a different point) but for the kids talent, I would be laughing all the way if we got him for 32.5m.  That seems like a steel, like when Spurs almost got Grealish for 25m kind of level (not saying Jack and ESR are the same level but just giving an transfer equivalency).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Why does it not makes sense for Villa?  Young, talented, loads of potential, british based in a position we are desperate to fill.  Seems a perfect fit.  If we are bidding in small increments, we must be close to something they would accept (whether they would accept or not is a different point) but for the kids talent, I would be laughing all the way if we got him for 32.5m.  That seems like a steel, like when Spurs almost got Grealish for 25m kind of level (not saying Jack and ESR are the same level but just giving an transfer equivalency).

Weakens the opposition too, from crap to crapper.

• Like 2

Ultimately this will come down to the player wanting the move.

I imagine with the players back in for preseason training now, we’ll get a sense of whether this is likely to happen within the next week or so.

Arsenal don’t want to sell and may still keep ESR even if he refuses a new contract as he has 2yrs left on his current deal.