Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Stadiums are paid for by the cities/governments in the USA, not the teams.  It's a huge reason why teams relocate and is the primary reason why the Rams left St. Louis.  

Typically you’re right, there’s at least some tax money involved. In this case though, he financed the entire thing himself. $5.5 billion

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

He's just after spending $5 billion on a new stadium for his LA Rams Franchise. I doubt he's going to be too keen to spend big to get Arsenal from 9th to 7th 

That must be some **** stadium for 5 billion!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Such nonsense, sorry. Move to the City Centre out of Aston. From hallowed ground. To where...f***** Broad St???!!!

Most grounds are in working class or under privileged areas. English football culture was built on it, terraced houses, back streets, floodlights appearing from nowhere for european nights. We have one of the most iconic stadiums in Europe but hey ho lets move to town. 

Moving should be the last thing the club ever considers. Regardless of our position

Preach GIF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You are not wrong there. How on earth do they expect to make their money back on it? It only holds 70k people.  I mean it looks amazing, but they are going to have to host 10's of thousands of games there for it to get anywhere near paying for itself.  I'm beginning to see why Arsenal may have some financial troubles....

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's enormous and has some ridiculous engineering involved. Also isn't just a stadium - it's got a 'performance centre', event venue, etc etc added on.

It's supposedly the most expensive sports stadium in history.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Way way Off topic ( sorry mods) but the stadium site is bigger than DisneyLand … it also has a two sided halo video screen… I believe Kroneke has used Arsenal as collateral for the loans or something along those lines … 

2B6C5086-F278-49AF-BDFC-5A4D539512E9.webp

D2F66EBE-2AA9-4A99-959B-4888EDEB6C89.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I believe Kroneke has used Arsenal as collateral for the loans or something along those lines … 

*pours grease into the San Andreas Fault*

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Stadiums are paid for by the cities/governments in the USA, not the teams.  It's a huge reason why teams relocate and is the primary reason why the Rams left St. Louis.  

Yeah, I'm sure there have been some cases of cities almost bankrupting themselves and making cuts from essential services in order to keep a franchise happy. 

Pretty disgraceful really when you consider the money these leagues generate every year. 

1 hour ago, Straggler said:

You are not wrong there. How on earth do they expect to make their money back on it? It only holds 70k people.  I mean it looks amazing, but they are going to have to host 10's of thousands of games there for it to get anywhere near paying for itself.  I'm beginning to see why Arsenal may have some financial troubles....

They’ve certainly been taken up The Emirates. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Our ground is in a crap area I would love it if we moved to the city centre one day.

Before any of that though we need to establish ourselves as one of the top teams again.

Sorry mate, I respect you but this is absolute tosh. Avfc1982 comment above covers what I wanted to say…

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

Arsenal spending 50m on Ben White and reportedly looking to spend a further 60m on James Maddison/A.N.Other. They had a sell to buy policy last season so not sure if they can afford to spend 120m this summer without recouping something from somewhere...

35m for ESR with a large portion up front will be tempting for a player they don't see as first choice who wants 70-90k (complete conjecture) a week...

Smoke. Fire. Tits. 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Way way Off topic ( sorry mods) but the stadium site is bigger than DisneyLand … it also has a two sided halo video screen… I believe Kroneke has used Arsenal as collateral for the loans or something along those lines … 

2B6C5086-F278-49AF-BDFC-5A4D539512E9.webp

D2F66EBE-2AA9-4A99-959B-4888EDEB6C89.jpeg

Used Arsenal as collateral for the loans… wow if I was an Arsenal fan I’d be seriously worried about the owners intentions and the clubs future existence. 

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Our ground is in a crap area I would love it if we moved to the city centre one day.

Before any of that though we need to establish ourselves as one of the top teams again.

I've been struggling to put into words how I'd feel if this happened. I can't understand how any Villa fan could even consider it. We're fine just where we are.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Arsenal spending 50m on Ben White and reportedly looking to spend a further 60m on James Maddison/A.N.Other. They had a sell to buy policy last season so not sure if they can afford to spend 120m this summer without recouping something from somewhere...

35m for ESR with a large portion up front will be tempting for a player they don't see as first choice who wants 70-90k (complete conjecture) a week...

Smoke. Fire. Tits. 

Far as I can tell the entire Arsenal fan base is now convinced this isn’t happening based on an Ashley Preece article. 

The confirmation bias is strong with that lot.