James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

6 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Helps if we sell, no? Talk of AEG, Wes, Nakamba and even Dougie being available if the right bid came in. Could all be paper talk (probably is), but none seem outrageous as suggestions.

I’d honestly sell all 4 if decent bids came in. I’m probably in the minority when I say that but if it meant we could sign Matar Sarr, JWP and a left sided forward then I’d be all for it. 

We’re a bit bloated in the CM department and I just don’t rate Nakamba or Luiz. AEG is mostly rubbish and Wesley wasn’t good enough before his injury. 

It might sound like I’m being overly harsh but we’re only delaying the inevitable if we don’t get rid of them now. None of them are good enough (Luiz may come good) and were all signed for fairly cheap when we got promoted. We’ve since kicked on from then and we need to go up another level. McGinn said it today in his interview, our owners are so ambitious that if the players don’t keep improving then they’ll be replaced. 

Nobody is safe. Competition is everywhere. Just the way it should be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d honestly sell all 4 if decent bids came in. I’m probably in the minority when I say that but if it meant we could sign Matar Sarr, JWP and a left sided forward then I’d be all for it. 

We’re a bit bloated in the CM department and I just don’t rate Nakamba or Luiz. AEG is mostly rubbish and Wesley wasn’t good enough before his injury. 

It might sound like I’m being overly harsh but we’re only delaying the inevitable if we don’t get rid of them now. None of them are good enough (Luiz may come good) and were all signed for fairly cheap when we got promoted. We’ve since kicked on from then and we need to go up another level. McGinn said it today in his interview, our owners are so ambitious that if the players don’t keep improving then they’ll be replaced. 

Harsh……

……..but fair. 

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And Sanson…

I think that’s the idea. To put together an extremely hard working side with enough quality to score a few too! 

Beat me to it 🤠

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Let him go to spurs. There are plenty of other players out there who are as good as (if not better) for less money. 

Fair enough, could you suggest two or three of these players, please? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think Luiz will come good and should be kept. Agree with the rest.

• Like 1

My main issue is with JWP is I feel like he’s peaked. He will improve our team right now, but I don’t see him as a later part champions league player. 

I feel like Villa need to be looking for players who could improve to those CL levels. I suspect Bailey and lil Emi could get there, but not JWP

at the £40m+ To get JWP, I feel like we could get better or better potential  elsewhere 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

My main issue is with JWP is I feel like he’s peeked. He will improve our team right now, but I don’t see him as a later part champions league player. 

I feel like Villa need to be looking for players who could improve to those CL levels. I suspect Bailey and lil Emi could get there, but not JWP

at the £40m+ To get JWP, I feel like we could get better or better potential  elsewhere 

I see why you think that but he looked at home for England although it was only one game. To be honest I haven’t seen enough of him to say how good I think he really is but he always seems to decent player whenever I see him play.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I see why you think that but he looked at home for England although it was only one game. To be honest I haven’t seen enough of him to say how good I think he really is but he always seems to decent player whenever I see him play.

Decent yes… better that mcginn yes, but not regular starter for the top 4/CL teams. 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Decent yes… better that mcginn yes, but not regular starter for the top 4/CL teams. 

We have to get there first, will be at least a couple of years and need the players to get there before we can attract more of those players

19 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Harsh……

……..but fair. 

Indeed. For far too long Villa were weighed down by riff raff who were unprofitable. 

Edited by maqroll

Just now, nick76 said:

We have to get there first, will be at least a couple of years and need the players to get there before we can attract more of those players

And a potential £50m JWP is the answer? I’m some how doubt that’s savvy business 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Disagree, Liverpool fans have been talking about him as the successor to Henderson in their team. I agree, he’s good enough for UCL and international level. If we get him we’ll wonder how we ever got by without him. 

£40-45m is fair value, £50m would be steep. More than that I think we walk. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Sell Luiz and sign some kid from France? Come on now. A year or 2 from now we'll be talking about selling him because he hasn't pulled up trees in his short time in England.

Imagine if we were linked with this guy. VT would be in melt down. We signed him for 15m!

Honestly this. Luiz is bound to improve and improve. Patience please.

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

And a potential £50m JWP is the answer? I’m some how doubt that’s savvy business 

As I’ve said before I’m not convinced either but we have to get to top 4 to attract some top 4 players.  Yes we have some now but we have to also buy stepping stone players that are right for us now but not top 4.  I’m not convinced either that JWP will be 50m, I bet it would end up 35m maybe a bit more.  If Smith and co think he’s the right person though I’ll go with it.

Â