James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I say sign him. I don’t care what the fee is. Not my money. 

But we are still bound by FFP. If we overpaid for one player it just restricts us elsewhere. We need to be sensible and measured.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, string28 said:

I just dont see spurs paying that kind of money for jwp.

Levy to slam a massive £5m offer on the table for JWP. Arsenal to bid £6m to be paid over 30 years. ESL teams flexing their muscles again. 

• Haha 1

Happy if he came but I dont see him as worth that kind of money. Taking too many players from a relegation battling club always worries me. They are sinking for a reason and the players they have is at least part of it.

Danny Ings always scared me when he played against us. I cant say JWP has ever really leapt out at me as special.

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

If Journo is right then Southampton stalling makes sense. We avoided a bidding war over Ings and Spurs may need the Kane money before pulling the trigger on this.

Let him go to spurs. There are plenty of other players out there who are as good as (if not better) for less money. 

• Like 1

I thought he was outstanding in that England game before the Euros and would add a lot of quality to our midfield.  We have one of those project players for cheaper in Sanson and still waiting for him to get going while we have ended up spending top dollar on our English signings and they've all ended up top players.  I was trying to get my head round the FFP thread earlier and from what I understood we might be better off paying for a big signing now with Jack's cash rather than sitting on it.

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

Imagine if we had JWP, McGinn, Buendia, Watkins and Ings playing at the same time. We'd be pressing monsters. Teams won't have a moment to breathe. 

And Sanson…

I think that’s the idea. To put together an extremely hard working side with enough quality to score a few too! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Imagine if we had JWP, McGinn, Buendia, Watkins and Ings playing at the same time. We'd be pressing monsters. Teams won't have a moment to breathe. 

Sanson is an excellent presser, do not forget him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And Sanson…

I think that’s the idea. To put together an extremely hard working side with enough quality to score a few too! 

Damn I forgot about him. His pressing stats were insane. With McGinn, Sanson and JWP in midfield, dare I say it, we might not need the fabled DM enforcer?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

And Sanson…

Yeah, makes sense for a strategy for making top 4 as we will never be able to match them in player skill. Can be much harder working though. 

9 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

But we are still bound by FFP. If we overpaid for one player it just restricts us elsewhere. We need to be sensible and measured.

Helps if we sell, no? Talk of AEG, Wes, Nakamba and even Dougie being available if the right bid came in. Could all be paper talk (probably is), but none seem outrageous as suggestions.

9 minutes ago, zak said:

Yeah, makes sense for a strategy for making top 4 as we will never be able to match them in player skill. Can be much harder working though. 

Our forward line is probably about 6th/7th in terms of skill levels. Unfortunately our midfield is probably the weak point of our squad.

Good in one area but lacking in others. 

Â