James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

32 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'll honestly despair if we spend half the Grealish money on JWP, which it seems is the opening bid realistically, and less than it might take to actually get him.

He's a good player, but is he a £50m player? Not for me. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'll honestly despair if we spend half the Grealish money on JWP, which it seems is the opening bid realistically, and less than it might take to actually get him.

I totally agree. It would be so wasteful. I do trust our owners to do a decent deal or walk away if they can’t. I suspect they won’t go above £35m which would still be paying top dollar in my view.

I would much rather target someone else. Someone who isn’t sitting on a 4 year deal for a club who doesn’t want to sell. The world has plenty of suitable alternatives.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I would love for us to buy JWP but there is something unpalatable about giving Southampton 75% of the Grealish money. 

If the coaches want him, and view him as a key part of their plans, that's good enough for me.

Also, don't forget the "English tax" is also applied on resale, so it's all relative. If JWP continues doing what he's doing, and we end up selling him, we'll sell him for more than we bought him for. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Jokes on you mate, we have already spent the Mike Clubb money.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Southampton are also selling Vestergaard. If they sell JWP too then they've pretty much sold the whole spine of their team.

something's definitely going on there. weird that there's suddenly an exodus at southampton and for small fees. 15m seems cheap for vestergaard and had several people say how much of a bargain we got with ings

Â