James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

something's definitely going on there. weird that there's suddenly an exodus at southampton and for small fees. 15m seems cheap for vestergaard and had several people say how much of a bargain we got with ings

They have no money.

If we are prepared to pay over the odds for JWP it will be for a very good reason. Our owners are shrewd businessmen and will have at least a couple of DM options.

If they choose the vastly more expensive option it can only be that they consider him the missing piece in our midfield jigsaw. Do we buy an expensive talented player with all the attributes that we currently lack and who is a player that we know will be at his best immediately, or do we take a chance on a much cheaper and potentially very good foreign youngster who may take an unspecified time to settle and adjust?

It all depends on how much importance our owners place on our final league position this coming season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

Where did this £50m valuation come from?

Well from what I can gather three witches sat around a cauldron deep deep down underneath the trinity road stand with a picture of JWP, a sacrificial virgin and rattled some rune stones and which came up with the figure “£50 million” 

this “result” was hastily delivered to the users of VillaTalk 

#inspirationITK

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

something's definitely going on there. weird that there's suddenly an exodus at southampton and for small fees. 15m seems cheap for vestergaard and had several people say how much of a bargain we got with ings

Vestergaard only has a year left on his contract, they've probably already been told he won't be signing a new deal. 

Yeah, if the club are willing to spend the money to buy him then the fee doesn't really matter to me. They know more about his worth than I do. Would love it if we signed him though, I think he would be a great improvement in our midfield. 

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Chinese owners. Desperate to sell up.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I would love for us to buy JWP but there is something unpalatable about giving Southampton 75% of the Grealish money. 

It would be filleting their team and Southampton fans would hate us forever. 

:crylaugh: Do it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Spurs also in for him according to same journo

If Journo is right then Southampton stalling makes sense. We avoided a bidding war over Ings and Spurs may need the Kane money before pulling the trigger on this.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I say sign him. I don’t care what the fee is. Not my money. 

don't understand this argument. if it directly impacts our spending on other players then we should be concerned with the fee.

anything over £40m is too much in my opinion.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

don't understand this argument. if it directly impacts our spending on other players then we should be concerned with the fee.

anything over £40m is too much in my opinion.

Problem is the ceo is saying its gonna take a big offer for him to go so it will be a big offer.

Â