James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed, but we need a new attacking player as well. I think we've probably got another 80m to spend this Summer on two players. I hope anyway. 

Can you believe it? I'm loving this!

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The reality is though, we're likely to play up to 50 games this season

That's semi finals in both cups......or final in one and quarters in the other. Ambitious but i guess we have to hope for it!

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

It definitely does, but we decided that we wanted Ings so tough decisions have to be made. If we play 4-4-2 we'll get taken apart. Watkins will have to start from the left which I don't think is a great move.  

I'm not so sure, Young and Buendia on the wings, the have superb workrates and defensive output, along with McGinn and Nakamba I see that as a combative and balanced midfield. Especially when we have Ings dropping deep.

7 minutes ago, Enda said:

But I read on this thread that we were never interested and Paul Doyle is a trash human!

There’s still no proof we’re interested! 

Except…

5A1FFBC1-F9BD-42E0-B9AD-EBB9EE37E9D7.gif

On 06/08/2021 at 18:11, avfc1982am said:

I doubt we will have a midfield of McGinn, Luiz and JWP if he comes. We are already going to have to make room for Ings which is either going to mean one goes wide out of him and Ollie or one plays behind the other. Dependant if Emi plays the 10 role and Bailey plays right. I think if JWP does come in one of Dougie or Marv will go. 

We've also got Ramsey and Chuk  in there also. There is going to be some serious compo this year imo. Something we haven't had for quite a while. A new CDM/CM is vital though I think. Someone next level 

I could be wrong here....but I don't see Ollie going out wide as such, he is an established striker, with International ambitions as does Danny......he might drift in and out as the dynamics of the game dictate, but I see Ollie and Danny as central strikers.....I see our system change.

I think movement alone will not have them standing on each others toes.....I see dynamic movement from these two.....like Shaw & Withe, with Bailey doing his Tony Morely bit and possibly moving between both flanks.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Southampton fans suggest that the sale of Vestergaard is imminent, and after that they won't need to sell anyone else. Few said that JWP will be there till next season, including a BBC journo...

This is just from reading a forum much like this though, so it's probably just guesswork or BS.

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I'm not so sure, Young and Buendia on the wings, the have superb workrates and defensive output, along with McGinn and Nakamba I see that as a combative and balanced midfield. Especially when we have Ings dropping deep.

I see Buendia as a No 10 and pulling the strings centrally........he has a knack of threading balls through the lines of which Ollie and Danny are going to love.....when Of course Leon is not running havoc out wide.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I see Buendia as a No 10 and pulling the strings centrally........he has a knack of threading balls through the lines of which Ollie and Danny are going to love.....when Of course Leon is not running havoc out wide.

I'm sure Smith sees him as a right sided forward/winger and in centrally. He seems to have played out right for all of last season though. With Emile Smith Rowe being our next choice for signing who is clearly a 10 makes me think Buendia was more seen as a wide player. 

I'm sure our attacking signings will play in more than one position depending on how we set up and opponents

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm sure Smith sees him as a right sided forward/winger and in centrally. He seems to have played out right for all of last season though. With Emile Smith Rowe being our next choice for signing who is clearly a 10 makes me think Buendia was more seen as a wide player. 

I'm sure our attacking signings will play in more than one position depending on how we set up and opponents

We will have to see....I know he played on the right for Norwich, but it depends what Dean wants from him.....also Norwich may have played him there due to the make up of their squad.

It will be interesting, my suspicion is, some of our previous rigidity, may disappear as we acquire better quality players who can play in multiple positions.

We may see some surprises.

I have a suspicion, Ashley and Axel may play a bit more than just cover.

14 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Surprised this thread is still open if I'm honest.

Yeah, think we were definitely interested but they’re holding firm on not selling, as is their right and we’re not going to be sucked into massively overpaying. Dead in the water I reckon.

• Like 1

Â