James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

Been reading about Spurs' signings this window, lots of deferred fees via 1 year loans with option to buy - they are strapped. So I hope we swoop in for JWP before they eventually cave and sell Kane. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Been reading about Spurs' signings this window, lots of deferred fees via 1 year loans with option to buy - they are strapped. So I hope we swoop in for JWP before they eventually cave and sell Kane. 

We cam lamp the funds through in seconds, almost no other club can.

• Like 1

Not assuming anything but saw Ward-Prowse in a chippy in Erdington last night ...... Saveloy and Scraps which was a bit of a let down for a decent baller !

Edited by Paul33
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Not assuming anything but saw Ward-Prowse in a chippy in Erdington last night ...... Saveloy and Scraps which was a bit of a let down for a decent baller !

He'll have been shopping under duress. He's allowed the scraps as a reward because Julie B loves a saveloy.

If Southampton need the cash and have replacements lined up then I can see us getting him. If they don't need the money then they won't sell as it'll be unnecessary risk relegation surely.

I can't see why we couldn't sign Ward Prowse and Doucoure as that would take us to 6 senior midfielders and 6 places in the team. Not to mention African Cup of Nations in Jan where we lose players, also Doucoure being young and new to the league. Plus Luiz has had far too much football in past 13/14 months. 

If we qualify for Europe at end of season we then decide on squad size we need and who to keep. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Too small.

Our defensive midfielder target needs to be at least 6'3 tall

Definitely. Let's sign 6'7 Dan Burn from Brighton and convert him in to a CDM.

Doesn't matter that he's extremely slow and pretty shite, he's a giant, and that's what is important.

• Haha 1

We are obviously interested in JWP.  

It seems Southampton are probably interested in selling if the price is right, otherwise these rumours would have died a death quickly.

At some point, we either cave to their demands because we want the player in sooner rather than later.   

Or they cave in to our price because they need time to spend the funds.  

So we’ll end up meeting in the middle that both parties are relatively happy with in about a week.  

If we get to the Newcastle game with no fee agreed, then I think it’ll be too late and the differences in pricing are too much, then we’ll move straight onto our back-up where we probably have a fee already agreed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

We are obviously interested in JWP.  

It seems Southampton are probably interested in selling if the price is right, otherwise these rumours would have died a death quickly.

At some point, we either cave to their demands because we want the player in sooner rather than later.   

Or they cave in to our price because they need time to spend the funds.  

So we’ll end up meeting in the middle that both parties are relatively happy with in about a week.  

If we get to the Newcastle game with no fee agreed, then I think it’ll be too late and the differences in pricing are too much, then we’ll move straight onto our back-up where we probably have a fee already agreed.

Exactly.

I've not heard anything credible in ages on the JWP front. The interest is real, and surely we'd be an ideal destination for him: Ings + Targett linkup, guaranteed starter, good chance of getting into England squad for WC.

But chatter has gone really cold, and is mostly coming from unreliable journos and fake ITKs.

Edit: not calling @avfcDJfake ITK btw, hope that info is true!

Edited by KentVillan

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Definitely. Let's sign 6'7 Dan Burn from Brighton and convert him in to a CDM.

Doesn't matter that he's extremely slow and pretty shite, he's a giant, and that's what is important.

With Wes connection let’s just get in Giannis in from the Bucks.  At 6ft 11 he’d be perfect.  Yes I know he’s a Basketball player but the height fits our need 😜

• Haha 1

Â