James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Thankfully, I think this link is nonsense

The Guardian typically doesn't run transfer stories unless they are pretty solid links, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

Speculation could just be 2+2 after Grealish set piece comment 

Or

Jack knows who our targets are and knew about this deal and is a massive chad fking troll. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Just can’t see this one. 
Nothing to do with our ambition, just the cost and club attachment. 
He’s their Jack.

incorrect. he and his family are all pompey fans

they don't love him anywhere near as much as we love jack

This article feels like it’s based on a post I made the other day saying basically “we should sign JWP because…” haha.

I have always thought he’s a lovely player and must watch a different game to those who say his only value is set pieces.

However much as I like him I I can’t believe this position would be a key focus for us to drop £40m on unless we are planning on spending a massive amount this summer.

Just now, tomav84 said:

incorrect. he and his family are all pompey fans

they don't love him anywhere near as much as we love jack

I was more referring to the fact that he’s been at the club since he was a fish in his dads dick..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The Guardian typically doesn't run transfer stories unless they are pretty solid links, IMO.

This is true.

If this deal gets done I'll be seriously surprised. It may be that he's an option on our shortlist which some Grauniad journo has been privy to, not realizing that Buendia means this one won't happen. 

They're obviously not like-for-like players at all, but as others have said the cost factor here alone means I doubt we could afford both. 

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not to cause alarm, but every time I have started a player speculation thread in the past we have gone on to sign said player. 

Is it 100% record!? That’s good going. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Saints reporters saying this isn’t happening and I tend to beleive them 

to be fair Norwich reporters didnt say we'd get Buendia either...I'm not convinced but this Villa team know how to get things done so it certainly wouldnt surprise me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

They do and have done for decades. Higher than most but less than 50%

https://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/sources/the_guardian

Yeah agreed, they aren’t particularly reliable on transfers. Weird one for Paul Doyle to make up as a very credible and respected writer but I still don’t put too much credence on this one. Doesn’t mean it’s made up, could have just been fed a line for some reason.

Â