James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

It is like we are taking a 'moneyball' approach to it. What don't we do? Be a threat from set pieces. How to remedy that? Buy the best dead ball expert in the country. 

I like it. 

Still can't see it happening though

Next up is someone who scores from corners, right?

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Ha! No chance.

Nothing would surprise me with our current owners Phil. I think there are grounds for paying well for players if we think that their impact on the team is greater than the otherwise perceived value. He’s still the right age and if he has the impact that we’d hope for his value would only rise. 

I think the gold card may not be back in the wallet just yet. 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Nothing would surprise me with our current owners Phil. I think there are grounds for paying well for players if we think that their impact on the team is greater than the otherwise perceived value. He’s still the right age and if he has the impact that we’d hope for his value would only rise. 

I think the gold card may not be back in the wallet just yet. 

Agree and I said in the Transfer thread that we will probably break our transfer record again this window. Thinking back to Purslow's interview a week or so ago, I believe we have become masters of manipulating the media, especially during the transfer window. We just need to learn how to manipulate PGMOL now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Saints fans being pragmatic - but they think the same, i.e. that he'll cost more than he's worth, so they don't see him going. You wonder if Saints need to sell though...

Exactly Jareth. It’s been reported for some time that they’re in a bit of financial trouble and an offer of 40m with a huge up front payment would tempt them, I’m sure of it. 

I can’t see this one happening but I’d absolutely love it if it did. If he can come in and play the Luiz role, you straight away have a better player and we’ll add 5-10 set piece goals to our tally for the season (incl. corners). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Don't want to get people too excited but he can also provide cover to the RB position...

Yes, and if we’re chasing a game, we can move him to RB and bring on another forward player.

Now where have I seen that before..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Throw ins are bit lax. Rory Delap?

I know he's retired now, but he actually was very effective at taking throw ins and never really got noted for it. Strange really 

• Haha 1

Just now, obanken said:

Anyone else worried that the end of the transfer window will be boring?

Nah. Would rather get our business done early. 

The whole "Sky Sports transfer deadline day" shit is annoying.

• Like 1

Also Dean said we want to fix our gaps.  One of biggest gaps last season apart from players was dead ball situations, taking advantage of all the free kicks we get, doing anything from corners and there is nobody better than JWP.  Then Grealish's comment the other day about our freekicks...I wonder if there is more to this than I thought, my initial complete dismissal of it.  The more I think, the more it makes sense.  Cant see Southampton selling but I can definitely see Grealish being in JWPs ear all camp over the last week or so as he would know if we really do have interest.

2 minutes ago, obanken said:

Anyone else worried that the end of the transfer window will be boring?

Nah I love watching other teams getting desperate and throwing money at has beens or really over paying for nobodies....

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

I know he's retired now, but he actually was very effective at taking throw ins and never really got noted for it. Strange really 

Rory's 18 year old son Liam Delap at Man City is an absolute talent.

• Like 1

Â