James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

Haha reading the article this guy is just making up shit. Seriously Guardian wtf

"Villa are understood [I have no idea but I'll make shit up] to be keen to bolster their midfield and Ward-Prowse’s set-piece prowess, in particular, would boost their attacking armoury.[I've just picked a random player for shits and giggles]"

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Confused 1

'We'll buy who we want, 

We'll buy who we waaannnnt...

We're Aston Villa,

We'll buy who we want. 

Can't believe people would turn their noses up at JWP. Very good player and another International. We were crying much of the season because of the midfield and now the club are addressing the matter. Not sure if it's true but he'd add some real class to our midfield. Even if it's just propaganda....Were being talked about for all the right reasons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThornburyVilla said:

Any danger we are getting the sales in before Jack goes??? Three of four players to replace him? 

No this article is the biggest pile of manure I've ever seen. Expect this from Mirror or Daily Heil. Who the hell is Paul Doyle anyway?

There may come a point where we sign a player and it will seriously make me consider if we’re losing Jack. 

Buendia isn’t that. If we went out and spent 40m on JWP, that’s the kind of signing where I’d start to think, can we really spend this kind of money without 100m coming through the door soon...

Thankfully, I think this link is nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

There may come a point where we sign a player and it will seriously make me consider if we’re losing Jack. 

Buendia isn’t that. If we went out and spent 40m on JWP, that’s the kind of signing where I’d start to think, can we really spend this kind of money without 100m coming through the door soon...

Thankfully, I think this link is nonsense. 

Yes.

• Like 2

I can't see this. Given he is 26, their captain, international and has 3 years or so left on his contact. Doesn't seem possible for the money he would cost just based on the above.

I have never been that impressed with him personally, but I could be wrong!

6 minutes ago, ThornburyVilla said:

Any danger we are getting the sales in before Jack goes??? Three of four players to replace him? 

Spin it the other way, we're buying players to convince him to stay 

And we're not buying cheap... This is one hell of a sales pitch that we mean business 

• Like 4

Just now, The_Steve said:

Doyle interviewed Guilbert back in 2019 and reported about Sawiris looking to buy a stake in Vitoria Guimares. It's not like he's not written about nor discussed Villa before.

The guys Twitter is a shambles. Tell me that this article doesn't smack of desperate click bait desperation with zero substance but hey it's clearly reached a market

Â