James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

100%. I believe in recent memory it is McCormack, Hourihane and somebody in our first season back in the PL. Might have been Drinkwater. 

So I don't guarantee they will be any good. 

Still an amazing hit rate. I think I started Snodgrass, Tuanzebe and Baston... so I’m more of a loan man apparently. I did start Ollie though so that’s my claim to fame.

Apart from his free kicks, I don't think he's that good.

Yes free kicks is something we struggle with, but we dropped Hourihane because of that reason.. didn't do enough with non dead ball situations. 

For the money he would cost there's better value out there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Yes free kicks is something we struggle with, but we dropped Hourihane because of that reason.. didn't do enough with non dead ball situations. 

I used to think this. He’s good, tackles well, recovers the ball well, good passer, great ethic, I used to think he was a one trick pony, I now don’t think so. Had some good chats with Saints fans who all said the same thing - he does a lot more without being noticed. 

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I love it. Loved the Buendia link and thought it was legit chance. This however is a poorly written speculative puff piece and it's already 8 pages long so I'm out. Have fun in here

Byeee x

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

With the amount of free kicks jack wins, JWP would be in double figures just on free kick goals. 

it's a massive stretch. He's "one of their own" and will see us as their competition for "best of the rest".

As with VVD they'd hold us for at least 60m. Just not going to happen imo. 

he's a former pompey season ticket holder....

4 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Grealish, "we're shit at freekicks". NSWE.."heres 35 mill for Ward Prowse".

We hide Watkins in another room and then get Grealish to say "we're shit at scoring". NSWE "here's 100m for Kane" 

Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

• Haha 4

Just now, Jareth said:

Saints fans being pragmatic - but they think the same, i.e. that he'll cost more than he's worth, so they don't see him going. You wonder if Saints need to sell though...

Their chairman doesn’t want to invest, he wants to sell. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Junxs said:

He's very good. Way more than just a free kick taker.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

The only thing that might lower the price is they are short of cash at the moment. Chinese owned and we know the issues there. 

Perhaps... Article from 2020

But last summer (2019) in Shanghai in a rare interview, Gao suggested he wanted Saints to be run self-sufficiently. 

He told the FT: “I am not treating Southampton as a pig to be fattened and sold. 

“I am treating it as a child. But my children must believe they cannot depend on the boss. I have said to Southampton: ‘I am now your father. But I am putting you on the right track: you need to feed yourself.”

Plus global pandemic since then...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I used to think this. He’s good, tackles well, recovers the ball well, good passer, great ethic, I used to think he was a one trick pony, I now don’t think so. Had some good chats with Saints fans who all said the same thing - he does a lot more without being noticed. 

Gareth Barry.

The Ward-Prowse's are massive Pompey fans

As a Blues fan, Farlington-raised Ward-Prowse would accompany dad, John, and older brother, Ben, to home matches.

For one game, the brothers appeared as mascots, the four-year-old James listing Andy Awford as his favourite player in the club programme.

Edited by The_Steve

Him being so good at freekicks seems to detract from the fact he's a brilliant all round footballer. To be fair even Beckham got that so its not much of a knock on Ward Prowse. I used to be in the same boat but last couple of seasons when i've watched him i thought he was quality. He surprises me with how good he is winning the ball.

9 goals and 7 assists for a player who puts in the defensive shift he does is not to be sniffed at and he's be a massive upgrade on what we have. Is a bit of bastard too which i like. 

I dont think we'd get him for 30mill but i also dont think its a Jack scenario. He's a pompey fan so its just another case of a long serving academy player taking a step up in his career. No different to Gareth Barry with us a few years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â