James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

Well done agent Emi Martinez, over to you agents Mings and Grealish.

Improves  midfield and be honest we need it and also better then JWP costs what we are probably not allowed to pay.

This takes us up a notch or two.

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I can't see this. Given he is 26, their captain, international and has 3 years or so left on his contact. Doesn't seem possible for the money he would cost just based on the above.

I have never been that impressed with him personally, but I could be wrong!

The article translated says "I think Villa want midfield players and this high profile English player is good."

If true it would really push McGinn and Luiz... no more anonymous performances, or the starting place will look less assured. 
McGinn and Luiz can be amazing on their day, but they do have off days, so a player of JWP’s calibre would really push all our midfield. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The guys Twitter is a shambles. Tell me that this article doesn't smack of desperate click bait desperation with zero substance but hey it's clearly reached a market

What do you mean?

I can't see this happening. Their captain, been there since he was 7 years old or something. 3 years left on his contract. They'd want north of 40m. 

I would be seriously excited if we sign him though. He would be another player with a seriously good engine. I think he is like a younger James Milner. 

• Like 2

The Guardian doesn't break many transfers usually, I think there's genuine info behind this. Consider the length of time Buendia has been pursued, you can bet if we're in for JWP there has been a lot of work put into it behind the scenes for some time. 

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I like him as a player and this would be a big dick layed out on the table for Villa.

A nice change from a few years back when we had big dickhead Steve laying the table full of biscuits for the Journos

• Haha 1

Â