James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

I'd absolutely take him. We need a set piece taker and I think he starts for us as a midfielder regardless. Imagine Jack and Buendia running at players who are scared to foul them because JWP is the one who'll take the free kick.

But, he'd take more than we're paying for Buendia. This would be a massive statement of intent. 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

No transfer substance. This is lazy fluff piece. 

Hardly a shambles though. That implies the journo is just making up a number transfer rumours. From what I know, Doyle does not. He has done a few in depth interview pieces: Smith, Konsa and Luiz .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The Guardian doesn't break many transfers usually, I think there's genuine info behind this. Consider the length of time Buendia has been pursued, you can bet if we're in for JWP there has been a lot of work put into it behind the scenes for some time. 

Lange hates leaks. I don't see this as so random.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

The Guardian doesn't break many transfers usually, I think there's genuine info behind this. Consider the length of time Buendia has been pursued, you can bet if we're in for JWP there has been a lot of work put into it behind the scenes for some time. 

The article language is very safe. It doesn't say Villa want to sign JWP. It says "it's understood" Villa want to sign midfielders and JWP would be good option. I don't think we're after any JWP type midfielders. This is lazy crap and everyone is falling for it besides the fact JWP leaving makes no sense and would be terrible value 

I’m a fan of the player and would love to see him at the club. He certainly can play in that double pivot role, but personally believe we need someone a bit more physical and can play that break up role in front of the back 4. What would he cost though? In his prime as a player and Southampton aren’t progressing, he may just be tempted?

Unless there is a release clause in his contract then I can’t see this one happening. Signed a new 5 year deal last year, would cost £50m I think. Can’t see it happening.

• Like 1

Just now, QldVilla said:

I’m a fan of the player and would love to see him at the club. He certainly can play in that double pivot role, but personally believe we need someone a bit more physical and can play that break up role in front of the back 4. What would he cost though? In his prime as a player and Southampton aren’t progressing, he may just be tempted?

Grealish and Mings selling him the vision at the training camps. Why wouldn't he want to step up. Especially with coming into his prime years.

I'm a huge JWP fan but I just don't see this happening...  Will cost us even more than Buendia and he just signed a new 5 year contract last season.  He's their Grealish.  

Â