Dwight McNeil

tomav84

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Spurs signing the lad Bryan Gil who plays very similar to McNeil for 25m + Lamela. Seems to be the going rate and doesn't seem to be too many savings abroad.

Gil’s a better player than McNeil at similar ages, and a far better CV, can play anywhere across the front as an attacking midfielder, easily in that £35-40m bracket.

I hate to say it but a good bit of business by Spurs, get rid of a 29 yo in the last year of his contract and upgrade with a very good 20 yo Spanish international with his best years in front of him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

If we had attacking player who played 3000 mins for 2 goals and 6 assists last season, everyone on here would want him gone/upgraded 

What's so special about McNeil because I've never seen it

dyche tactics under smith id think you would see alot more from mcneil

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

in your opinion.

repetition doesn't make something fact

It isn't just about goals, but last I checked that is how you win games.

It's like arguing a gun should do more than 'just fire bullets'

It really isn't but oh well!

At the age of 21, he's got 96 PL apps under his belt and 23 goal involvements in that time (goals/assists), while playing for a team that are usually among the lowest scorers in the league. 

That's pretty good going for someone of his age IMO, and if he has been identified as a target I could understand it, and can imagine that Smith would feel he could improve him. I think people sometimes forget that at 21 fans of other teams used to use Grealish's lack of goals and assists as proof that he was overrated 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

At the age of 21, he's got 96 PL apps under his belt and 23 goal involvements in that time (goals/assists), while playing for a team that are usually among the lowest scorers in the league. 

That's pretty good going for someone of his age IMO, and if he has been identified as a target I could understand it, and can imagine that Smith would feel he could improve him. I think people sometimes forget that at 21 fans of other teams used to use Grealish's lack of goals and assists as proof that he was overrated 

Yeah but Jack has so much more to his game. He does now, and he did at 21. The control, vision, flair, awareness. Maybe his raw goals assists were down on expected for a while but anybody could see that wasn't to last.

Comparing Jack to McNeil, even at the same age, is like comparing a Rolls Royce to a... Mondeo. El Ghazi actually is a more worthy comparison and to be honest, Anwar has the edge. I'm yet to see any evidence to the contrary, but of course the game is just as much about opinions.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I can also name tons of players at 21 with shit output and then remained shit later in their career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Traore 14 goal involvements in 2300 mins with no pre season and carrying an injury and many want him out of the 1st XI

• Like 2

On 19/07/2021 at 15:00, PieFacE said:

McNeil at £25m would be good business I think. (No idea if the article states £25m but I saw that value being banded around on Twitter).

I think he drifts in and out of games a bit too much....goes missing for periods of the game....like many got the talent, not sure on the workrate.

where we are heading, you want industry, from your players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Traore 14 goal involvements in 2300 mins with no pre season and carrying an injury and many want him out of the 1st XI

I think Smith already put him out of starting XI by signing Buendia. Can't see either of them playing centrally tbh.

On 20/07/2021 at 12:13, Mazrim said:

Some strange comments in this thread? There is now.

He's an old fashioned winger but he's not an old fashioned winger.

We'd need to pay 30m but we'd need to pay 40m.

World class in a season or 2?

No offence mate but you're having a Weston.

you're either thick as, or deliberately misinterpreting my post.  I'll be charitable and go for the latter.  the first paragraph was me summarising some of the previous comments, the second was my opinion.  plenty of others understood it.  

• 9 months later...

I am not suggesting we buy him but I think he'd be a decent player in a better team and I feel that someone half decent will snap him up if Burnley go down.  He needs to learn a few things defensively but it a talent.  I wouldn't be disappointed if we were in for him, although not sure where we'd play him.  I can see him moving to the centre of the park. 

Â