Dwight McNeil

tomav84

Conor Hourihane has a better output that this guy and he wasn’t good enough either. He wouldn’t improve many teams in the bottom half let alone a team trying to get to the next level. 

• Like 1

Bolasie without the free styling.

Everyone tells you how good he is how he twists people up. Yet he never does anything that productive or tangible.

One of those throwback old school wingers that are rightly going extinct.

• Like 1

He's a decent, hardworking up and down mobile wide player. Sort who'll always get back to help out the fullback and can run at defenders and get shots in.

Amazing though the amount that were happy this time last year to pop 30m on him given he hasn't even been a regular for Burnley up to the last month.

Mind you probably would've been more productive than Bailey if we'd got him in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

I expect we'll be linked with both him and Brownhill if Burnley are relegated. But so will a lot of mid table PL sides.

Brownhill is hardworking but again not really an upgrade on any of our starting midfielders and is more of an 8 than a 6 so feels just a signing that would just keep us plodding along.

• Like 1

good player with a solid work ethic and lethal cross on him. That said, I would rather have Maxwell Cornet off them. He offers something a bit different to our other forwards, has good intelligence and understanding of the game and is pretty rapid. Shouldnt cost too much and he can play across the front 3. Not a winger so Gerrard will be more likely to play him and will get 10+ goals in a team like ours if he can stay fit

16 hours ago, WHY said:

Conor Hourihane has a better output that this guy and he wasn’t good enough either. 

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

One of those throwback old school wingers that are rightly going extinct.

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Probably the one player they have with any quality 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

not convinced by him, never have been.

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I rate him

Just a regular day on VT.....

Gold to see we are all on the same page.

On the same page.....

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

The game, and indeed a forum, is all about opinions.

That’s why I love football, and villatalk.

As it happens, I’m the one that bumped this thread back to the front page.  I merely said that I thought he had an excellent game. I had not paid any attention to him all season prior to that.

Didn't say we should buy him.

However, for the right price, as an understudy/competition to Cash, I’d be all for it.

9 minutes ago, Thug said:

The game, and indeed a forum, is all about opinions.

That’s why I love football, and villatalk.

As it happens, I’m the one that bumped this thread back to the front page.  I merely said that I thought he had an excellent game. I had not paid any attention to him all season prior to that.

Didn't say we should buy him.

However, for the right price, as an understudy/competition to Cash, I’d be all for it.

He's not a right back though?

• Like 1

Why are we touting a left-footed, predominantly left-sided winger as potential competition for our right back?

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Thug said:

I think he’d be a very capable wing back 

We play with a back 4, even if the full backs are expected to provide overlaps. I don't see him as playing the same role as Cash.

• Like 1

Â