Dwight McNeil

tomav84

People who say he is good considering he plays for Burnley need to give their head a wobble. He plays for a midtable team that have been very solid. If you're any good you still will shine.

Grealish was with us while we've been poor and he shone and had stats to backed it up.

Buendia got relegated with Norwich yet his performances and stats were still brilliant. 

McNeil 👎 is he really an upgrade on El Ghazi? Then you see the price, no thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

People who say he is good considering he plays for Burnley need to give their head a wobble. He plays for a midtable team that have been very solid. If you're any good you still will shine.

Grealish was with us while we've been poor and he shone and had stats to backed it up.

Buendia got relegated with Norwich yet his performances and stats were still brilliant. 

McNeil 👎 is he really an upgrade on El Ghazi? Then you see the price, no thanks.

Yes, he would be an upgrade. I'm actually a big fan of McNeil and mentioned I'd like to see us sign him last season.

Would be interesting to see him play from the right wing as well, I've only ever seen him on the left, but has the skill to cut inside.

I don’t believe for one minute that we harbour any serious interest in this bloke. He would always cost so much more than he is worth. Our owners are way too savvy for that. Just not going to happen. Move on

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

The one thing I will say is they are probably not looking at the same stats as you. We don't really know precisely what it is they think we need from a statistical standpoint in order to kick on. 

It's clear the lad has ability, maybe they think they know precisely how to squeeze every inch out of him. He's only 21 after all. 

2 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

That's accross his whole career? I would like to see Premier League stats only, more comparative.

Last season he must have had something like 27 pot shots ( or trickles into goalkeeper hands) per 90mins 😊 

THATS season 2020/2021

If our new found data driven approach to player assist with recruitment means the answer to our creativity problems is Dwight McNeil @£40mill it will cost then I guess we must trust them 100% the kids worth it and can cope with the expectations… 

I really dislike the way people judge players purely by a set of stats these days. There's so much more that goes into it and so many variables that just looking at stats alone is largely useless imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Everton can have him. 

Would be zero excitement levels signing this guy 

Thats probably how the Arsenal board thought about allowing a player they have had on the bench for a decade be their number 1.

• Like 1

I’d like him if he was already ours, it’s the paying for what he is that’s the problem for me.

I think we’ll start seeing Louie Barry getting minutes on the left in the cup next season, he’s gonna be the one to look to the future with.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The one thing I will say is they are probably not looking at the same stats as you. We don't really know precisely what it is they think we need from a statistical standpoint in order to kick on. 

It's clear the lad has ability, maybe they think they know precisely how to squeeze every inch out of him. He's only 21 after all. 

Maybe he's not that good and we're not really interested in him. I hope so as the stats back up what I can see with my own eyes. He's average.

I do trust the club but I have my own opinion too.

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I really dislike the way people judge players purely by a set of stats these days. There's so much more that goes into it and so many variables that just looking at stats alone is largely useless imo. 

That's true sometimes, but sometimes stats tell you exactly what's going on..... It's all about the reader of the stats ability to be objective and use the stats in balance with other information.

Really surprised at the opinions of him. That's what makes the game interesting I suppose.

He's miles and miles better than El Ghazi and Trez, and comfortably better than Traore IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Really surprised at the opinions of him. That's what makes the game interesting I suppose.

He's miles and miles better than El Ghazi and Trez, and comfortably better than Traore IMO.

Riiightiiooo.

I mean he might be a good player, he might be as good as or a bit better than those you mention, but miles and comfortably, nah.

• Like 1

Â