Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Mark Clattenberg is on ESPN trying to say he isn't offside because "the defender went for the ball"????  I'm so confused...  

thing is when the cross comes in he’s offside .. end of 

the defender hardly went for the ball it bounced up in front of him and went through his legs , to the bloke who is offside … it’s a shocking decision 

• Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

I've not seen it, I'm watching the end of the other match but people are saying a defender played it last?

He hardly played it but it did touch him

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the defender hardly went for the ball it bounced up in front of him and went through his legs , to the bloke who is offside … it’s a shocking decision 

this is why the flag needs to go up instantly like it used to

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Two sides of the football family on show today, Danes and Fins, supporters and officials behaving impeccably despite the worst of circumstances. And somehow returning to play the second half.

Russians not taking the knee and whistling when the Belgians do.

ugh, such poor class

The rule is that the defender has to deliberately play the ball. 

I don't know whether the action of trying to play it makes it deliberate or the action itself has be deliberate (if he sliced it then its not imo)

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Not offside by the current laws of the game. Defender has attempted to play it and **** it up, so he's not offside. 

I don't like this, many don't. It's being changed for next season. 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

He hardly played it but it did touch him

Not offside then. The Law 11 only mentions touches by team-mates.

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

Law 11

Just now, Chindie said:

There's something a bit off about 'making the most' of a foul on a match where one of your fellow players nearly died.

was just thinking the same thing

• Like 1

I had to put the baby to bed so missed the last 30 mins

Are people saying that after 2 games of generally good reffing and no controversy there's now a VAR thing to talk about and it happened when the English crew was in charge? 

Shocked Media GIF by Leroy Patterson

Edit - no, I've got the wrong game

It only sounds like a ropey penalty by the English ref 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

not mentioned once in Law 11 (linked above)

Yes it is 

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

I know it is for a fact because this is the sentence PGMOL tried to gaslight us all with after Jon moss forgot the rules against City. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes it is 

I know it is for a fact because this is the sentence PGMOL tried to gaslight us all with after Jon moss forgot the rules against City. 

Missed that bit, you are correct.

• Like 1

I still think this sentence means when a defender passes the ball to an attacker (wayward back pass or whatever)  and not cases where a defender slices it to them but whatever. 

The rules are ambiguous. 

• Like 1

Â