Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Southgate will opt for Rashford, Sterling and Foden to play behind (although more likely in front of) Kane.

He’ll do anything not to pick Jack.  

There is already absolute uproar that he isn’t starting - imagine the reaction if he doesn’t start tomorrow! I’d play Grealish, Foden, Sancho. 

• Like 3

I'd be on board with a Kane, Rashford led 4-4-2. No inverted wingers, pick the pacy ones. Whip it in the big lads, catch your second balls. Go again.

At this point I'll take some big Sam antics

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere but why do two England players have to isolate but none of the Scotland players?

Did Chilwell, Mount and Gilmour have a threes one or something?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

Bizarre idea that international football is a higher level than the prem.

Especially against Scotland

Not sure it’s that bizarre a concept to consider international football a higher standard than the Prem, but admit that doesn’t excuse Phillips from how poor he was against Scotland. He’s played against those players before. Why do you think he doesn’t pass the ball forward for England?

2 hours ago, BOF said:

As for all the 'Mount out automatically means Jack to start" that I'm seeing around the place. We've argued all along that Mount and Grealish don't play in the same position and are therefore not in competition with each other for a place, so we can't turn around now and look forward to him somehow being Mount's replacement.

Yeah he definitely won’t be. 

But it might mean Foden plays in the middle and jack starts wide

1 hour ago, jim said:

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere but why do two England players have to isolate but none of the Scotland players?

Well during the game Mount couldn’t get anywhere near Gilmour, so your theory must be right.

1 hour ago, jim said:

They were hugging Gilmour after the match

Just now, Genie said:

Is it mathematically certain now?

Two groups where 3rd place finishes on 3 points.

Means winner of Scotland-Croatia certainly makes last 16 aswell.

Portugal still a bit in danger but they'd need to lose to France by 3 goals I think to be in serious danger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Not sure it’s that bizarre a concept to consider international football a higher standard than the Prem, but admit that doesn’t excuse Phillips from how poor he was against Scotland. He’s played against those players before. Why do you think he doesn’t pass the ball forward for England?

I don't think it is, look at the quality of manager and general play. Their are maybe 3-4 good teams and the rest vary between average and hopeless.

Few things with Phillips really. For us he almost plays like a 3rd CB and he's really good at wriggling away from pressure and finding a good out ball forward to start an attack. That's a very different role compared to this bombing past the CF role Southgate has him doing. So now we have a player being played in a role he hasn't played for 3 years and never played at a high level alongside a DM who has completed 3 forward passes in two games. Three.

Rice is getting a free ride for being properly pointless because he's established and people see him as the great white hope for England. 

He was our best player by a good way against Croatia and people are still choosing to criticise him over the others who haven't performed at all.

Â