Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I've given Buendia plenty of stick over last two years but goodness me I'd have him in the team every day of the week over Zaniolo.

Hopefully he can get back to contribute from April.

Yeah me too.

I'd imagine Zaniolo's days are numbered?

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 6 months to the day that Emery said he had his injury in the press conference and said it was a 6, 7 or 8 month injury.

Let's hope he's back in training next month. We could use him for the run in as impact off the bench especially in Europe or against these low block PL teams.

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

It's been 6 months to the day that Emery said he had his injury in the press conference and said it was a 6, 7 or 8 month injury.

Let's hope he's back in training next month. We could use him for the run in as impact off the bench especially in Europe or against these low block PL teams.

Has he been named in the Euro squad? If not, then will he be able to play? I agree we could do with extra numbers.

It might take him a couple of months to get back up to match speed, which rules this season out, but what a boost he'd be if we can get him back in time.  Far more industrious than Tielemans and we have really missed a sharp number 10. 

• Like 2

If Emi comes back in April and we are fighting tooth and nail to make CL, which we will be, I worry about him getting over-emotional and going too hard too soon and aggravating his injury. 

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If Emi comes back in April and we are fighting tooth and nail to make CL, which we will be, I worry about him getting over-emotional and going too hard too soon and aggravating his injury. 

I'd worry more about thrusting a player who has been out all season into the most intense performance period of the season - pivotal to our immediate future in this instance you've given.

I hope Buendia makes a good recovery and gets a full summer under his belt before we see him back on the pitch, personally.

• Like 1

Even if it was a different injury to Diego Carlos, probably a similar timeline.

Back involved in mid March on the bench and then hopefully get on the pitch in April.

Need to be patient but he'd certainly be useful guy to come in for some of the Sunday games after europa with his energy.

17 hours ago, CVByrne said:

ACL injuries are typically 9 months I think for a professional footballer. Not saying Emery is wrong, but I wouldn't say he meant literally 6, 7, 8 month injury. Was probably just differentiating between a 6 week injury and  long term injury.

I wouldnt expect him back until May at the earliest. So next season. Both back next season. Like two new signings 

21 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Has he been named in the Euro squad? If not, then will he be able to play? I agree we could do with extra numbers.

There was no space left on the A list. Hence Chambers was left out too

I think if Buendia is fit before the end of the season I don’t see Emery giving him much, if any, minutes at all. Carlos was on the bench a lot at the end of last season and apart from some minutes against Wolves I don’t recall him getting on the pitch? Could just be Emery doesn’t like rushing players back from long term injuries especially if we are in a close race for the Champions League. 

With attacking options of Watkins, Bailey, Diaby, Ramsey, Rogers, Zaniolo aswell as Mcginn/Tielemans I think Emery will see that as enough to get to the end of the season personally. 

3 minutes ago, RichW said:

I think if Buendia is fit before the end of the season I don’t see Emery giving him much, if any, minutes at all. Carlos was on the bench a lot at the end of last season and apart from some minutes against Wolves I don’t recall him getting on the pitch? Could just be Emery doesn’t like rushing players back from long term injuries especially if we are in a close race for the Champions League. 

With attacking options of Watkins, Bailey, Diaby, Ramsey, Rogers, Zaniolo aswell as Mcginn/Tielemans I think Emery will see that as enough to get to the end of the season personally. 

We had a settled back line of Konsa and Mings so Carlos couldnt get a chance

Attacking options are different especially if chasing a game late on

Can’t say I’m surprised but looks like both him and Mings won’t play this season. Hopefully both will be fully fit for the start of next season. Will be like 2 new signings 

• 2 weeks later...
Â